Dear Eastern Front fans,
Time has come to announce a further feature of the upcoming Ostheer faction; its own map pool, filled with the work of many talented community mappers:
Ostheer map pool
Feodosia (2p) MonolithicBacon
Freedom Square (2p) MonolithicBacon
Kummersdorf (2p) MonolithicBacon
Mstow (2p) cephalos
Novorossiysk (2p) MonolithicBacon
Spartanovka (2p) MaxiKing6
Kharkov (4p) BurroDiablo
Königsberg (4p) Snugz
Korosten (4p) MonolithicBacon
The Kremlin (4p) beagletank
Magnuszew (4p) Lord van Dalen
Prague (4p) MonolithicBacon
Vyazma (4p) MonolithicBacon
Karelia (6p) MaxiKing6
Lehrter Bahnhof (6p) MrScruff
Prokhorovka (6p) MaxiKing6
Tali Ihantala (6p) BurroDiablo
Voronezh (6p) MonolithicBacon
Stalingrad (8p) MaxiKing6 and MonolithicBacon
You still have the chance to become part of this very group - it's quite simple: Take part in the first official Eastern Front mapping contest! Excluded from participation are Eastern Front developers and mappers - due to the fact they are already part of the team. While creating your map, you have to stick to following rules:
- Your map has to fulfill the Eastern Front mapping rules!
- Your map should have the aim to be a competitive map (2 players) with a size not below 256x256 and not above 384x384.
- Your map should offer an at least decent visual quality.
- The scenario on which your map is based should be related to the Eastern Front of World War 2.
- Maps should only be created by single mappers! Group projects won't be taken into consideration.
- You may keep the community posted about progress on your map. Feel free to create a topic in the Mapping Section. Use a prefix ([CONTEST]) in the topic name to let the community identify your map as submitted to the contest.
- Once you consider your map finished, upload it and link it in a PM to one of the Head Mappers (Mystic-Car or MaxiKing6) who will then pass it on to the jury.
- Closing date is the 28th February, 2013.
The winner will receive following prices:
- Access to Ostheer closed beta
- His/her map being added to the official Ostheer map pool
- Optional promotion to the "Mapper" position to be able to support the campaign development
The jury consists of all Eastern Front developers and balancers.
Have fun mapping!
Eastern Front Head Mapper