Eastern Front is a free mod for Company of Heroes. Following the ethos of mimicking a Relic Entertainment expansion pack, Eastern Front has succeeded in adding two full new factions, the Soviet Red Army and the German Ostheer, packed with unique and exciting units to the existing armies - a feat never before achieved in the Company of Heroes world.
Eastern Front Patch 1.30 Changelog 'Dankov! Man the FlaK 88!' Soviets now can recrew heavy weapons, soviets received some balance tweaks and we have a reward faction for the Commonwealth, the Royal Marines Commandos Brigade, among many other things.
Posted by blackbishop on Jan 21st, 2011
This patch was released on 21/01/2011
Recrewing Heavy weapons is now possible for Soviets!
New OPTIONAL Sub-Faction: Royal Marines Commandos Brigade
* All these changes are activated by using a "Reward Unit".
* Captain moved to HQ. You do not need to buy a commander to access all units in your tier.
* Increased cost of the Lieutenant by 10 fuel and the Captain by 15 fuel.
* HQ truck
- Units available: Marines Commando Squad, Lieutenant, Marine Sapper, Captain
* New Building added to the tech tree: The SAS Forward Command. It's similiar to a HQ glider, but can only land on friendly territory.
- Cost: 220 manpower 30 fuel
- Units available: Bren Carrier, SAS Raiders, SAS Recon Jeeps, SAS Light Support Jeeps
* Field Support truck
- Cost: 335 manpower 75 fuel
- Units available: Staghound, Achilles
*Armour Command Truck
- Cost: 400 manpower 125 fuel
- Units available: Cromwell Tank, Cromwell Command Tank, Comet Tank.
* Trucks lock down sectors, but do not gain additional resources unless an upgrade is researched.
* - All Infantry move with normal movement.
* Marines Commando Squad:
- They are like regular infantry sections, but are unable to make trenches.
- Cost changed to 375 mp
- Reinforcement cost increased
- Recon element now:
- - Camouflaged when in cover like Panzer Elite's Fallschirmjäger, but with lower first strike bonus
- - Sharpshooter ability remains
- - Increased Accuracy by 1.25x
- - Decreased Cooldown by 1.75x
- - Increased Capture rate by 1.5x
- - Reduces health by 5 per man
- Recon Element cost increased from 35 munitions to 50 munitions
- Starting Squad is no longer equipped with Recon Element upgrade.
* Marine Engineers:
- Regular sapper squad with normal movement but unable to build trenches.
- Other defenses become available for construction when the Captain has been built.
- Increased reinforcement cost.
* SAS Raiders:
- 4 Tommies with 3 Thompsons and 1 PIAT.
- Have slightly more health than a normal tommy.
- Increased capping speed and cost 375 manpower
* SAS recon jeeps:
- Jeeps are built in squads of 2. One has a 50cal and the other a 30 cal.
- Cost 450 manpower
- They have -30% received accuracy as standard
- Can detect as normal jeeps
- Have self repair
*SAS Light Support Jeeps:
- Jeeps are built in squads of 2. They're armed with recoilless rifles.
- Cost 350 manpower
- Cannot detect
- Have self repair
* Achilles TD:
- M10 with a 17 pounder gun.
- Has HVAP Ability for 50 munitions.
- Cost 380 manpower 75 fuel
* The lieutenant bonus is no longer stackable.
Starting Resources Change
* Commonwealth starting resources lowered from 460 manpower, 15 fuel, 25 munitions to 375 manpower, 15 fuel, 0 munitions.
* Red Banner Strelky's PPSh and DP-28 upgrades now cost 60 munition.
* Red Banner Strelky PPSh damage reverted back to 5.
* Increased Red Banner Strelky DP-28 damage by 1.
* Red Banner Strelky DP-28's penetration and damage modifier against Puma, Sdkfz 22x, Marder and Halftracks now match the BAR.
* Conscripts' and Penal Troops' Mosin penetration and damage against Sdkfz 22x and Halftracks now matches M1 Garand.
* Strelky Mosin penetration and damage against Sdkfz 22x and Halftrack now matches US M1 Garand.
* Major's Pistol now has same range as Mosin rifles.
* Major's Pistol cooldown duration changed to 1.5-2.
* Following Changes to the Heavy Mortar:
- Damage Medium/Long: 0.1
- Damage Short: 0.2
* ZiS AT Guns no longer auto target infantry.
* T90 Main gun now based on Puma's 20mm with following changes
- Short range suppression changed to 0.1
- Medium/Long range suppression changed to 0.003
- Damage against Puma set to 0.8
- Damage against Halftrack set to 0.7
- Damage against Sdkfz 22x set to 0.4
- Penetration and rear penetration against Sdkfz 22x set to 0.5
- Penetration against marder set to 0.5
- Accuracy against P47 set to 0.9
- Accuracy against infantry elite 0.8 and damage 1.05
- Projectile FX/tracer matches 50 cal
- Burst duration 4-3.5
* PTRD damage changed to 30
* PTRD accuracy and damage modifers against Sdkfz 22x and Halftracks increased by 0.1.
* PTRD damage against Puma changed to 1.6.
* Red Banner Strelky's Banner Bearer now has Soldier armour.
* 'Stand Your Ground' ability for DP-28 armed Red Banner Strelky also gives them 25% less received accuracy when active.
* Conscript's capping speed reverted back to 1.5 from 1.3.
* KV-2's main gun area of effect damage increased by 0.1
* KV-2's main gun damage against elite armour increased by 0.05
* Lend-Lease Sherman gun damage against Puma set to 1.3 and sight range to 47.5.
* T70/T90 health set to 350.
* SU-85 penetration against Panther increased by 0.2.
* SU-85 damage against Halftrack/Sdkfz 22x/Puma reduced to 0.8.
* SU-100 damage against Halftrack/Sdkfz 22x/Puma reduced to 0.8.
* Sturmovie PPSh damage increased to 7.5.
* Guard's SVT rifle penetration and damage against Sdkfz 22x and Halftracks now match US M1 Garand.
* T-34/85 armour changed from 'Churchill' to 'Sherman' but has a -25% received penetration.
* Soviet grenades now match vanilla ones having 0% chance to miss.
* Sniper Team's Spotter gun accuracy at long range increased by 0.15.
* Reduced commander points needed for God of War by 2.
* Majors's Pistol cooldown (time between shots) duration changed to 2.5-3.
* Camouflage mechanics for Sharpshooters and Tank Hunters now matches PE Fallschirmjager. Units automatically cloak when in cover.
* Comet cost changed to 100 fuel.
* Lend-Lease Sherman now has an AP round ability. Activation cost 50 munitions.
* Added the Medic truck as a secondary rally point (like British Captain).
* Medic Trucks are now limited to 1 on the field.
* T-34/76 now has -15% received penetration.
* Reward Tiger now costs 800 manpower like the normal tiger.
* Munition upkeep for ZiS AT Guns and Mortars cut in half.
* ISU-152 Gun changes:
- Reduced damage modifier against Tiger/Jagdpanther armour by 0.1
- Reduced weapon range to 45
- Changed AOE stats to match US Howitzer.
- Damage against houses (farms etc) increased 300%.
* ISU-152 rotation rate increased by 3.
* ISU-152 ambush ability removed.
* New ISU-152 ability, indirect barrage. 2 shots fired indirectly as barrage.
* Jagdtiger gun's increased penetration modifier vs jagdpanther/Pershing armour by 0.15
* Jagdtiger received damage set at 0.8.
* SU-85 gun's damage lowered to 107.5.
* SU-85 now has -25% received accuracy.
* SU-100 has -25% received accuracy and -15% penetration.
* Mechanics now have second ability called 'improved tank production'. Improves production time for the Tank Hall.
* Siren warning replaced smoke in US strafing runs.
* Comet health set to 600 hp and armour type set to Pershing.
* Strelky on the field now gains access to the weapon-upgrades after researching the Red Banner upgrade.
* Increase population of Tank Hunter to 8.
* American mortar setup time reduced from 2.4s to 1.5s.
* Stug acceleration increased from 1.7m/s to 2.5m/s
* Stug deceleration increased from 2.0m/s to 3.0m/s
* Assault Grenades damage average reduced from 30 to 17.5
* Officer build time reduced from 45s to 25s.
* StuH manpower cost reduced from 600 to 500.
* StuH CP cost reduced from 3 to 2.
Soviet Veterancy changes
- Veterancy 1:Armour changed to Airborne
- Veterancy 2:1.2 accuracy modifier
- Veterancy 3:1.2 Damage modifier
AT squads/AT gun/Mortar/Sturmonie
- Veterancy 1:-20% received accuracy
- Global bonus is now 10% per level
- Veterancy 2 also gives the squad -15% received accuracy
- Sharp shooters now start with infantry armour and gain airborne armour at Veterancy 1
- Cloak ability moved to Veterancy 1
- Conceal smoke ability moved to Veterancy 3
- Veterancy values amended to 7/14/28
- Veterancy 1:-20% received accuracy
- Veterancy 2:1.2 accuracy
- Veterancy 3:1.15 range
* Updated texture for ISU-152.
* Updated texture for T-34/76.
* Updated texture for Comet.
* Updated Ingenery's texture, no more glowing equipment.
New Game Mode
* Added OPTIONAL custom match game mode, "Annihilate - No Popcap". Basically normal Annihilate but with "9999" popcap.
* Added OPTIONAL challenge on Angoville. More information about it can be found here.
* Added "Egletons" (2) by Cam51, winner of the latest GameReplays.org map competition.
* Added "Duclair" (2) by OnkelSam, winner of an older GameReplays.org map competition.
* Added "Dom Pavlova" (4) by BurroDiablo.
* Overworked Maps ('Performance improvements', 'New weather settings & options' and 'New territory overlay'):
- Kholm (2)
- Prague (2)
- Psel (2)
* General Updates
- Cottbus (4)
- Tannenberg (4)