by christianSGC on Jun 25th, 2014
Ok, so I've posted I pick this week about a new game mode which will be included on the mod which has being named "Catch the General"(in the future probably "catch that damn son of a..." ooh well, nevermind)....
So here goes some more details:
- Generals are unarmed and possess 150hp and a slightly stronger armor than normal infantry.(here is a link with the current balance data *BalanceData.ods*)
- Each player will start on a "fortress-like" base with a barracks and one Oil derrick to guarantee a initial income.
- Combat engineers will be able to "build" sand bags(bunkers) for infantry and repair vehicles
- The US faction will be able to build UGVs, as the real-life PLA doesn't have UGVs(nor projects for UGVs, as far as I know) they won't be able to build this kind of unit. But Chinese Hackers can disable or even take control of UGVs.
- The only way to get money to train more units is by the capture of Oil Derricks, and the only unit capable of *Capture* are Rangers and Red Guard(Basic infantry).
- Besides Oil Derricks maps can also have a Hospital or a Repair bay or a Oil Refinery.
- Defensive structures can also be captured. Such as Artillery Platforms, Mortar pits and a heavy anti-air which needs to be garrisoned to be able to fire(This one will only exists if I include attack choppers to the "Spawn units list" which you will see next)
- There will be "Spawn" points on each map which will spawn neutral vehicles that can be captured by any unit and as soon as the vehicle is destroyed after a few seconds the vehicle will spawn again. (I'm still in the process of choosing which vehicles will be spawn as they won't be neither Chinese nor American as these are playable factions...so russian T-90 will definitely be one of them...).
- This game mode will possess its own "Generals points tech tree" to unlock specific units and upgrades(such as better weapons for infantry, new soldiers, UGVs, advanced training...)
Project Status: I'm building a specific AI just for this game mode to avoid (more) bugs and lag.
The US AI is almost done and I'll begin to work at the Chinese AI right after I finish that...There are a few models which I still need to do for units and buildings which will only exist in this game mode....and as soon as I finish all of that, I'll work on a few more maps(for now I only have one finished) and release it when I finish the AI for the next beta.
Well, that's it! for now... (>.>)
Have any suggestion? just leave a comment :)