Chaos can perhaps be referred to as 'a mod for those who like the game they bought'. In other words, we make no attempt at a 'total conversion', something that takes possibly the greatest FPS game yet, and turns it into something completely different. That is not our vision.
What we have attempted to do (as always) is to expand the game, bring some nice variety to your play, but to do it in a way where (hopefully) it won't be so easy to tell where UT2004 ends, and Chaos begins. Our goal is to make the game bigger, deeper, and maybe even a little bit better, all the while appearing as if it came with the original game - right out of the box.
And in doing so, Chaos brings an entirely new feel to the game of UT2004, but does it without removing anything from the original game. Each and every weapon, item, and feature included in this version, covering everything from custom startup menus, to complete game types, to custom quit messages, has been (and always will be) designed and tested to work with the latest version of Unreal Tournament 2004.
Perhaps the heart of the mod however, are the high quality, highly addictive Chaotic weapons. And while some of them were inspired by the earlier versions of our mod, each has been reengineered and rebuilt from the ground up. Some of the weapons included are melee weapons, which come complete with their own custom animations. The melee weapons are now available in most Chaos game types, including Duel, which was created specifically for them, and which is supported by a diverse set of maps.
In addition, Chaos for UT2004 has been designed to be as flexible and as compatible as was reasonably possible. Which is why we have provided a 'mutator' version of our 'mod'. Simply so that Chaos can be played and enjoyed in ALL standard UT2004 game types, in addition to most custom game types, and even when combined with many other mods and/or mutators.
However, Chaos does in fact also come with it's own complete game types, each with full bot support, and each fully functional in online play. And it is important to note that some Chaos features (ie: melee weapons) are only available through these Chaos game types, and not thru our mutator.
ChaosUT2 Public Release version 3.7 is available now!
There are links available on our web site:
Only a few bits from the change log:
- Fixed Duel crash bug that was introduced with UT2004 patch #3369
- Replaced all Horde Hunters monster models with new ones
- Vastly improved ChaosCTF with bug fixes and tweaks ('carry your flag' type CTF that works with standard and vehicle maps in one map rotation, with great bot support)
- Added MantaMeat option to ChaosCTF for those who want an alternative to Manta runs... these gibs will satisfy
- Tweaks to make Horde Hunter bots a bit more efficient in HH (they can kick, swing more often, dont try to block as much, ect)
- Added in 'bloody' melee weapons, and tweaked Bloodyweapons so that the blood slowly fades from heavy, to light to none in 20 second intervals
- Tweaked both vengeance exp (new effect) and chaos redeemer effect to be MUCH friendier on FPS and still looks great
- Greatly improved the Chaos Bike and Hoverboard (and we'll continue still). Including the removal of manual gear shifting from the Bike
Lots more news and info available on our web site and in our forums.
After many months of development, we are proud to finally introduce our brand new 3rd person melee fighting system to the world of UT2003! ChaosUT2 PR2...
ChaosUT2 IR11 came out few days ago, and it includes quite a lot actually. For example, although the models and skins are still being worked on, the 3rd...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
This is the Chaos UT2 Evolution v3.76 zip manual install for UT 2004
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.