Archon ---> Quake. You heard right, elements of the 80's micro game archon extrapolated into the Quake universe. Get ready for a wild ride.                               (free stuff | no warranty | see disclaimer.txt | blah blah blah.)

Forum Thread
Progress to 7.12.13 (Games : Quake : Mods : Chaos Archon : Forum : exhortation() : Progress to 7.12.13) Locked
Thread Options
Jul 13 2013 Anchor

Decided to use the menu system for Archon spells & power. No better idea yet.
Individual spells will be assignable to open impulse slots for quick access.
Planning out the menus right now. Going to try and use darkplaces ability to configure game menus.
Will have the usual mouse wheel / fire control system operations.

Trying to decide if Archons will be in 1.0.5a or if they have to wait. Might be able to include one Archon form that can be assumed multiple times.
Archons will need a default attack. For melee I'm thinking some kind of energy scythe that goes slightly past axe range.
Maybe 1.5 * axe damage. Range attack might be a pulse energy bolt (i.e. reflecting laser like the hipnotic cannon) with damage slightly past nails.
All Archon operation will use up Archon power. Already thinking if an Archon falls below a certain threshold, they de-Archon back to their former morph state.

And the massive monster upgrade that has been on going is needing a code re-working. Not sure what release that will be in.
Likely I'll write it up with the 2 headed and 3 headed dog (Fluffy!) and backport to the other monsters in a later release.
Yes, some of you will notice a rise of mutants amongst monster kind. I dont think morphs will access those for some time.
Perhaps that will be a future unlockable content. This is all part of the single player reboot I'm building up to.
(Along the lines of what Abrams did for the Trek universe...) Going to see if I can talk Cthulhu into making an appearance or two
to make it a proper Lovecraftian horror epic.

Posts on moddb
WIP: gremlin vw bug

DONE: archon mod banner
TEST: new scrags
DONE: monster bit print in console

WIP: Notes on "the Forest"

DONE: dog mdl expanded

Archive research, notes
Looking into vw issue with gremlin
found out pulse nails like to get stuck in curled flag
WIP: scrag enhanced - framing done, need attacks, magic, etc
TESTED: scourge getting cells - see if laser can be selected w/o lg touch
-- cells & rockets in inventory allow impulse direct select (5 & 7) of bombs & lasers

Archive research, notes

FIXED: ogre trap teleport issue in ac1 towers
-- was this: setsize (self, '-16 -16 -24', '16 16 40');
-- instead of: setsize (self, VEC_HULL_MIN, VEC_HULL_MAX); - which all others but enforcer had set

DONE: scragg head skinnage, multi head
WIP: scrag enhanced

WIP: Vorerel can set spikemines
-- test
WIP: super scrag - model - 4 extra spike, 2 heads, 3 heads, super spike, mega 3 head
FIXED: monster_wakey did this:
think tbaby_jump6()
-- test

DONE: finish MC_TALLBALL code
FIXED: MC_DEEPSLEEP not in itm_translate for removes

FIXED: info vers wrong
WIP: test resumed - 3 v 3 bots
DONE: new qc group header
WIP: gen 2's
WIP: MC_TALLBALL code

DONE: world mins & maxs noway code
--- test

FIXED: see screen from 7.1.13 - no free ents - server crash
-- was trying to open a pk_cube, may have been just killed
-- super tarbaby death mitosis loop had logic fault

Edited by: numbersix

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.