Hello, SWBF Fans!
It has been quite some time since a demo has been announced by me and the others developers we’re finally back with a taste of what's to come, for real. We are sorry about how far the mod has been delayed. By the time, we were not fully satisfied by the state of production.
So yeah, here we go. In this beta you can play as both the Galactic Empire and the Rebellion, you also have some minor factions such as the Former CIS, Clones (not the Republic), civilians, Mandalorians , locals (Felucians, Wookies) etc.
Before I go any further, the demo aims to recreate events taking place after TFU (1) ending. Indeed the mod is inspirited by the “Expended universe” also known as “Legends”. For those of you who played the game either the “light side” or “dark side” ending (and continuation) can be recreated through the mod. The Rebellion is composed of Kota’s Militia (mainly) and Bail Organa’s Alderaanian military, most commonly known as “tantive4-roasted-soldiers”. Of course they have different outfits depending the map.
Here is a quick summary of what you can expect:
- One new era: "Imperial Civil War"
- New maps
- Multiple new game-modes: "Order 66", "Imperial VS Locals", "Red VS Blue", "Mandalorians"
- Support for shipped game modes such as "Conquest" “XL” and "Capture the Flag" (both 1 & 2 CTF)
- Space Maps supported!
- Hero Assault available on Coruscant
- “XL” added to Mygeeto
- HD Map Re-skins, including Coruscant, Yavin 4, Mos-Eisley, Mygeeto and Naboo
- Large amount of new units & vehicles, more than 40 new weapons (melee, rifles, pistols, explosives, assaults etc)
- New effects (visual and sound)
- WAAAY too much content to list here. (<-- you will find every info in the Readme.txt)
Please note that the “Order 66” & “Red VS Blue” modes are in ALPHA stage. Order 66 is only available on Coruscant and Utapau. Red VS Blue only on Coruscant
The custom HUD coming with the mod is our work and design. It doesn’t recreate any HUD from any star wars game.
- ~5.GB of hard drive space (Size of the maps, sides, sounds etc).
- ~1.5.GB of RAM (Recommended)
- Official Patch 1.1, Unofficial Patch 1.3
Note: the archive is in .rar type-file and is about ~1,19 GB (compressed)
Since this is a beta you may encounter various bugs/glitches, please report any bug you find to us. Moreover, if you have suggestions we are open, let us what would you want to see! You can leave a comment, here on the Moddb page. Soon our Discord Server will be setup!
A lot of our determination is now focused on the Clone Wars era, you can expect updates soon! As we did with the Imperial Civil War, we will stick to Legends :D
Finally here are the trailers (huge thanks to Twinkeyrunaway and the 411Remant for the wonderful trailer!)