And here's the new version of the reloaded mod, still in public beta version, but the mod is actually pretty stable and a the 0.8.5 version will probably be online in a month.
The main purpose of this new version is to made more gameplay changes than the previous 0.7 version wich essentially focus on the graphic features and to be more modulable to offer the game experience you want with a series of option will allow you to make your game experience more Hardcore if it si not your first Playtrought and you want to play something different. This option is still in test version so i waiting for your comments.
For 0.8 version of this mod, I added the latest Atmosfear 3 which change all the weather system of the game, with a very handy menu too, from where you can change every parameters you want, even psy storms and radioactives rains mechanisms. I changed colorimetry as well at some parts of the day
to be closer to Shadow of Tchernobyl.
Gameplay and bugfixs
- Enhanced French translation... (by XoBar)
- And his tweaked HUD which is used in this mod, with far less intrusive icons
- Complete A.I. enhancement with the latest A.I. Additions mod wich adds a whole lot of opportunities to NPC's, who can now change weapons depending on engagement ranges, use melee (knife) attacks, take your weapons, reload befor emptying their weapon,...
- Overhauld economy system reworked to balance new additions since 0.7 version. Traders charge increased prices, require equipment in good condition, and rare items are more expensive
- Weapons' upgrades are now more expensive too, you'll have to make significant choice for your weaponry
- Increased character's health. It's done in a way that the player have to manage his health instead of dying in two seconds. However, with Veteran difficulty (wich is the one I recommend with this mod), shots remain dangerous and lethal
- Some monsters are tougher, others see their health decreased, but their abilities are increased, some of thems are now more territorial
- Loot significantly decreased, stalkers now rarely carry uncommon medicines, and food will be often lacking
- Real weapon names
- Fixes vanilla scripts errors
- Fixes the few last remaining bugs of the Vanilla game
- Use of Medikits and bandages will draw back your weapon for few seconds
- You now start the game with less equipment, less money, no detector, you won't even have your assault rifle and helmet... (this means you won't be able to reach anomalies until you buy one) With the optionnal hardcore mode
- Bodies are cleared every in-game 20 hours in order to keep good game performance and limit easy looting
- Psy emissions can change into Zombies every stalkers who didn't take cover
- The main character is now much more sensitive to hunger and bleeding
- Re-balanced medication to increase its importance
- Ironsights are now correctly aligned
The main change of this mod is a complete overhaul of nearly all textures of the game, coming from the best work of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Fallout 3 community. The mod include more than 2500 new high quality and high resolution textures, and other reworked textures too, decreased in size to achieve the best compromise between performance and visual quality. NPCs, vegetations, metals, organic mater.. Nearly all game's visuals were improved. Weapons' textures were changed too to increase their damaged look and respect their real life counterpart. It includes personnal work and the great stuff from argus, Artistpavel, NMC, 4Aces, Millenia et Tech Snake, big thanks to them !
Here's a list of the graphics changes:
- Full Hi-Res textures rework (more than 2500 new textures)
- Atmosfear 3 is included with basics textures in 512² (due 32-bit system limitations) and optionnal Hi-res Skybox (1024²)
- Improved particles and weather effects, rain is now much more dense, as are sparks, dust, Blowouts waves...
- Complete vegetation overhaul, now in Hi-Res
- Improved 'light night.ltx' for better lighting effects and better shadow contrast
- New Menu, loading screens and improved icons readability
- Enhanced Shadow maps, now in better resolution
- News weapons animations and detectors effects by Gosuke
Every vanilla's sounds were subtituted with new, high quality ones, including the come back of some original russian voices, HUD, walk sounds, ambient sounds, collisions, etc. Reloading sound effects were changed to be better synchronized with the animation, with louder volume, you can now cleary hear your oppenents reloadings, making easier to take them by surprise. Just as weapons' sound effects, that are more percussive and coherent with recoil and fire power. Reloading sound effects are more various now, to avoid repetitions (handguns in particular). At last, I tried to get back some ambient sounds from olders builds of Stalker that I always loved, such as frightening and distant cry that are really missing in the last two Stalkers.
- Rework of all firearm sound effects
- More than 120 new firecamp songs
- Some audio dialogues (the least important ones) have been replaced by their Russian equivalent, for immersion purposes
- Additional French voices from SHOC (Optionnal)
- New song in main menu
- Better background musics
- All sounds and atmosphere noises have been replaced or improved in HQ
This 0.8 Version is still in beta-test, there is probably some mistakes i've made but the mod is already stable and more balanced than the previous version and a first patch will be online soon, good game !