Prepare to see the most disturbing, sadistic and morbid manifestation of violence that you ever seen in your life. This is the definitive gameplay enhancement mod for the GZDoom and Zandronum engines. Warning: After you see it, it cannot be unseen!
** 2017-06-12 ** See below for details! Majorly changed spawning system. Now can spawn from any items rather than only specific items. Also added menu options to enable/disable any item you want.
UAC Survival Pack!
Four new weapons, and a usable inventory item.
1) Pipebomb and detonator. I found the original on Realm667 made by Xaser, tweaked the ever living hell out of it, changed the way it worked, added new effects and made it way more Brutal! Load this up and have some insane fun blowing up those hellspawn!
2)Satchel Charges and detonator. Similar to the pipebomb, but 5 times more powerful! They are more rare than pipebombs, but when you use one, it will do way more damage to a lot more enemies. Be sure to keep your distance!
3) Jawbones. Yes, when you smash, shoot, blow up any monster and they leave a jawbone behind, you can pick it up! Throw it at their stupid evil faces, legs, arms, make them hurt! When you get Berserk or Demon strength, you can REALLY do some damage. Rip them to shreds with their own friends' jawbones! Brutal fun at it's best! Sometimes they won't break apart on impact and can be picked back up for reuse.
4) Standalone "J" type grenades. Based on the grenades from Johnny Doom. Can be set to a keybinding in your controls. Can be thrown while holding any other weapon, and the longer you hold the key, the further they are thrown.
5) Flares! They will randomly spawn and will be added to your inventory. Use them in dark areas, or throw them at enemies to sometimes catch them on fire!
• Emergency bugfix to remove +FRIGHTENING flag from flares.
• Emergency bufgix #2 - fix some more splashing issues in liquids.
• Updated Grenades with underhanded throws at lower strength levels.
• Re-Did flares to remove splashes in water, and replaced graphics, and lowered amount of sparks. Also made it so flares will "push" enemies away a bit instead of locking them in place.
• Fixed issue with displaying counter when loading with UDV.
• Changed so that if you disable any UAC weapons - it will keep them out of inventory.
• Fixed issue showing grenade icon when trying to throw without grenades.
• Small update to fix issue with PB 3.0 Test version. Should no longer spawn items next to enemies.
• Changed spawning system to ACS - all items can now dynamically spawn from any items without needing to replace mod specific items.
• Added menu options to enable/disable any part of UAC Survival Pack.
• Combined Flares into main UAC Survival Pack.
• Fixed issue with spawning extra items at origin coordinates. 2017-05-18
• Added CVARs so that you can choose the max amt of spawns per level. 2017-05-18
• Fixed bug where it wasn't using CVARS to limit amounts. 2017-05-21
• Greatly increased flares light radius. Might actually be useful in dark areas now. 2017-05-21
• Increase max amount option in menu for most items. 2017-05-24
• Removed SmartMediKit and moving to upcoming Ultimate DoomVisor 2.00.
• Removed multiple versions for UAC Explosives. Should be compatible with Vanilla and all mods.
• J Grenades now part of UAC Explosives pack.
• Handgrenade counter will now show when not using Ultimate DoomVisor.
• Handgrenades now work correctly in multiplayer.
• Random spawners for UAC Explosives should work with Vanilla and all mods correctly.
• Fixed strength meter not displaying correctly.
• Removed multiple versions for Jawbones. Should now be compatible with all Brutal mods.
• Removed brownglove mutator.
Cleaned up filenames
Moved Slow/Stay Open Doors mod from UDV
Added brightmaps to the Medikit crosses.
Removed some DECORATE code and moved it to UDV for UDV compatibility. No functional changes to weapons. Pure bugfix.
Modified the radius of flares. They shouldn't bounce off walls when trying to throw them quite as often. Much smaller radius.
Modified the jawbones to bounce a little more realistically, and have a chance of not breaking on impact. 10% chance for regular throws, 5% chance for berserk strength throws.
Modified the radius of the Medikit so that it is now easier to 'use' and open.
Fixed backpack bug again, and made it work regardless of backpack - so it will work correctly with backpacks and IDKFA cheat.
Fixed bug with BDv20 pipebombs not being able to be picked up if you had a backpack and more than 25.
Added sound when Medikit opens.
Made NanoStim AlwaysPickup and now counts towards Total Items.
Updated code for jawbones to work with secondary attacks of supported mods. Combined Pipebombs with new Satchel Charges into UAC Explosives mod. Both weapons come together, and have a chance of spawning in place of rocket launcher type weapons and ammo.
Changed Mapping of Grenade key to User Button 4 to avoid issues with some other mods. You may need to rebind your key in customize controls
Fixed bug with jawbones not deselecting when out of ammo and under berserk strength.
Update 02-15-2016 #2
Switching to grenades when throwing now about 3 times faster!
Updated damage type and decorate code for Jawbones.
Update 02-14-2016 #2
Integrated Standalone Grenades into this pack. Seemed pointless to keep it in a separate mod. From this point forward, all grenade updates will be included in this mod.
Also, added glow to the NanoStim, and removed the armor bonus replacer from the Flares. They will only spawn in place of health bonuses from this point forward for compatibility.
Updated Jawbones with new sprites from TheBarge! Also tweaked the damage, speed, and size so they are FAR more useful and less prone to ricocheting off walls. Try them out, especially with Berserk, you will be ripping those hellspawn to shreds!
Also, the SmartScav Medikit now has a 10% chance to include a Nanobot Injector that permanently increases health by 5, up to a maximum of 80. It is also now able to be opened by pressing the "use" key to open it without needing health. This way you can search the medikits for Nano Injectors even if you don't need health. Otherwise, it will still work as it has in the past and automatically break apart if you don't need a full medikit, but still has a chance to give a Nano Injector.
Increased throw speed for pipebombs! Now goes at 5% per tic, much much faster.
Fixed a bug with the jawbones that would not automatically switch when you run out of ammo, leaving you with what looked like a usable jawbone on screen. Now properly switches when you use your last jawbone!
Major New Update 01-22-2016
Tweaked the speed of the pipebomb throw counter... goes 2x faster than it did. Much quicker to throw at 100%! Also, fixed the exploding when making piles of pipebombs. Still might happen on occasion, since they are volatile pipebombs, but it should be a much more rare occurrence.
BUT! The most amazing part of this update, is that you can now PICKUP your undetonated pipebombs!!! One of the features I most wanted to fix on these from the beginning now is a reality!!! Just run over any undetonated pipebomb, and you will pick it back up!!! Now those "dud" pipebombs that happen every once in awhile are no longer completely useless, or if you place one badly... you can get it back! These finally feel complete to me. ENJOY!!
Also, slightly modified the damage and type of damage of Jawbones when thrown with Berserk. Should be much more brutal. :)
New Update 01-21-2016
Strength Counter for Pipebombs! Now will show how hard you will throw the pipebombs. If you just tap, you will drop them in front of you, but the longer you hold it, the further you will throw it. Also slightly tweaked the speed of dropping them quickly, so you can drop more much quicker.
Also, added a fully standalone version that should work in any mod.
New Update! Pipebombs are now shootable after throwing. Flares now work correctly again in Project Brutality, and can be destroyed after deploying. They hurt, so don't stand in them for long.
The smart medikit will break into two stimpacks and a tiny ministim when you have more than 75 health when running over them. Should be compatible with any map.
Fully compatible with BDv20b and Project Brutality 2.03.
3rd Update - Improved compatibility with other custom weapon replacers (like Sledge hammer) by modifying KEYCONF, added missing weapon sprites for sliding in Project Brutality.
2nd Update - Added compatibility with BDV20 and PB.
Tiny update - Fixed the flares so that you can carry 24 with you through to the next level. Also, fixed a minor sprite error message.