BLADE of LIGHT updated to V.1.1 Several bug fixes and overall improvements
Modern Graphics upgrade for the game using ENBseries 0.242 (www.enbdev.com). Graphic enhancements: HDR color correction, SSAO, SSIL, BLOOM, DOF, FLARES, and other custom PIXEL SHADERS...
Blade Of Light mod. Enhanced gameplay where lighting plays a part in the strategy. Use the light bearing blades to slice your way into the heart of the Darkness. Cast a light on your weapon (or any object you are carrying) to help you explore and fight in the dark.
The amazing lighting of the game is enhanced through Realtime color correction and image post-processing techniques. However its not just a visual update. Now the light itself is a factor to account for in the player strategies. An archer standing against the sun will be hard to see. Circle your enemies so the light doesn't hit you in the eyes or you'll be fighting silhouettes. Fog is really dense so watch your step, it's a long way down...
The intention is to create a strong contrast between light and Darkness. Increase the immersive aspect of the game by enhancing the lighting quality while preserving as much as possible the original color palette and lighting design. Sunlight is bright and intense but most of the interior areas are really dark. Torches can't illuminate very far. Is very hard to fight your way trough the darkness so all weapons now can glow in the dark (and not only in presence of orcs like the old blades of Gondolin). You can switch the weapon light on or off at any time. That creates spectacular fights in the darkness. While you are circling your foes, the shadows dance over the majestic environments like no other game can do.
Enjoy again this timeless gem from a time when games required actual skill and pushed you to the limit of your abilities. See the skeletons relentlessly beat the crap out of you in beautifully animated fighting choreographies . Orcs move so fast that...well, if you think, you are dead. Move, circle, jump out of their reach. Be patient, look for an opening, find a weakness, study their fighting patterns and... you may hold a chance.
Off to beat the darkness, Light-bringer!
Rebel Act Studios for the timeless masterpiece that Blade is.
ENBSeries graphic modification tool by Boris Vorontsov (www.enbdev.com)
BladeOfLight MOD+ENB concept, execution and settings by Piltrafus.
NGlide 3DFX to DX9 wrapper by Zeus Software(www.zeus-software.com)
This MOD has pixel shader code and assets borrowed from:
and maybe others I guess... Thanks all.
- HUGE PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT!. No more framerate jumps at fullHD. No slowdowns because of blood or multiple lights.
- NEW! Nglide wrapper v1.03 (included in the mod). Increased performance.
- NEW! fully working Anisotropic texture filtering (no more texture flicker).
- NEW! Redesigned DOF with dinamic focus and Bokeh. Area between the player and the Focus Point(screen center) is always focused. (Switch to an Alternate DOF with 9+PgUp)
- NEW! Procedural HD texture enhancement. Shaders add extra texture detail in realtime.
- NEW! Sharper Bloom shader.
- Fully redesigned and improved color correction. Warmer palette. Good contrast and preserved detail in Highlight and shadow areas
- Minimal HUD. Removed Huge anoying screen overlays or minimized to the essential info on top left corner.
- New sky and improved settings for FOG maps(Orlok and TelHalaf)
- ENB effects on and off using shift+F11.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available.Join now to share your own content, and encourage our community to get involved and engaged.
No downloads were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the download list with no filter applied, to browse all available.Join now to share your own content, and encourage our community to get involved and engaged.