IMPORTANT: Windows is the only supported platform, so playing on Windows is highly recommended WITH Justine DLC installed. It should be working fine but...
Also please notice that this mod, while it has scary moments, focus a lot on the story line and puzzles. If you like long mods with a unique story, this is the right one for you.
The story is long and will take hours to complete.
Chapter 1: Checking in
Notice that a lot of the maps for chapter 1 will be back in other chapters
- Intro 100%
- Village, forest, chapel day/night 100%
- Hotel day/night 100%
- Library/school 100%
- Store 100%
- Barn/warehouse 100%
- Tunnel system 100%
Chapter 2 Brutal discovery:
- Milestone mansion 100%
- Milestone prison, sewer 100%
Chapter 3 Unexpected turns:
- Jefferson mansion, tower, laboratory 100%
- Jefferson outside, Jonathans cellar, beach, cave 100%
Chapter 4 Burried deep:
- Tomb 100%
- Landlords mansion 100%
- Tunnel system underfloor 100%
Chapter 5: Defective
- Laboat 100%
- Silverbay 100%
- Silverbay house 100%
- Haunted mine 100%
- Dark warehouse 100%
- The ward 95%
Chapter 6: Countdown
- Morgue 100%
- Temple part 1 100%
- Temple part 2 100%
- Temple part 3 50%
I apologise for not making any updates for over a month, but a lot has been going on lately.
I have made a huge process with the story though.
Since last update I have:
- Finished 2 new maps
- Is currently working on the last map for the story (not counting the epilogue)
- Last voice acting have been recived
- Got new ideas
I am thinking about the ending. How many endings I will add and how they will look like. That's pretty much the only thing left I need to think a little more about.
One idea I had is to add a "Morality system", like they use in the game Metro. Some things in the story may be a bit easier/harder and the endings may variate depending on the amount of morality points you have.
You earn morality points by doing positive things during the gameplay, and will not get any points by doing bad things.
- Do not steal anything unless forced to. When you enter private property owned by innocent civilians, only taking things you really need to proceed will earn you a point, stealing more things than that will not give you any points.
- Showing empathy to people will give you points
- Exploring more than required to complete the maps and read more notes than you have to will give you points.
I am not sure if I can make this possible, so I am not promising anything, but I personally think it would be a cool feature if it is possible to make it.
When will you finish the story?
School will start in less than two days. I will still work on my story daily (unless I have so much homework so I can't work on the maps), but it may take a little longer. On the other hand, the story is getting close to finished. I only need to finish one more map and then make a short epilogue and it's done. And of course beta test it. I, as usual don't have a realese date but I hope it will be finished pretty soon.