Ab Urbe Condita is an overhaul for Rome: Total War, featuring an array of additional content, including new units, an AI scripting system, an AOR mercenary system, an expanded campaign map and graphical improvements (among many other amendments).
Final amendments, including polishing off pre-existing features and adding new ones. As of v5.2 I consider the mod to be "complete".
AUC Platinum (5.2) changes are as follows:
* Added many new UI Eventpics for every faction, including cards for "Leader Killed", "General Killed", "Settlement Unrest/Riots", "Settlement Besieged", "Faction Strongest/Richest/Advanced/Largest" etc; now you should see the "generic messenger" image pop up much less!
* Fixed the odd "loose formation" deployment of some Roman armies in descr_formations_ai. Now they deploy in close order (as was
* Fixed some loading screens which were incorrectly aligned.
* Re-implemented victory/defeat videos; now there's no more blank screen on victory/defeat!
* Fixed the faction flags, banners and symbols; now every faction flag/banner will show on the campaign UI and battle UI (rather than sometimes appearing blank, particularly when reinforcing armies were trying to take part in the battle).
* Finalised my Sabaea amendments, now the faction is complete; added new sabaean general/captain strat models, new sabaean general/captains, new sabaean bodyguard unit and a new sabaean officer. Also corrected the few pre-existing sabaean UI cavalry cards and corrected the Roman prebattle speech in regards to Sabaea (formerly they were referred to as Armenians). Finally, I changed the Sabaean culture to "Eastern" rather than "Carthaginian" (which was its default setting).
* Added 2 more temples to Armenia.
* Cut Armenian Heavy Spearmen/Babylonian Spearmen size back to normal (as the AI, particularly Armenia, was rampaging with them).
* Lots of minor additional amendments, including text fixes, placing correct officers in the correct units and stat tweaks. Hopefully these changes have helped stabilise the game more!
* Many new text fixes/campaign description improvements.
* Further additions to the UI/event messages.
* Several reimplemented and brand new "Faction Destroyed/Faction Defeated/Faction Victorious videos" (all videos properly play now).
* Fantastic new animated menu screen (courtesy of Xeofox).
* New Numidian/Baktrian archer units (replacing the old "elite bowmen"), as well as new mercenary AOR units in the far East of the map (Yuezhi/Saka/Wusun).
* Tweaking of descr_rebel_factions, descr_mercenaries and descr_strat. All erroneous texts should have been removed as of this update.
* More troops allocated to Macedon at campaign start (to better protect them against Greek AI blitzing).