Full mod (v2) Changes: - A severely LONG list of changes have been made: * It now runs on Alexander.exe; this was necessary in order to incorporate the...
In my opinion TE Gold is an amazing mod (personally my favourite RTW mod of all time), but I always felt like there could be a little bit more added onto it. As a result, I began modding it and eventually this was the result!
My overhaul contains several new major changes; so much so that you wont be able to recognise the original Terrae Expugnandae mod! Some of the changes are as follows:
This mod isn't entirely historically accurate; some leeway has been given for aesthetic looks and balance as well, so don't come flaming when you notice that "X unit didn't wear Corinthian helmets!" or "Faction Y has THIS city? etc"
As of v2, this mod has been modified to run on Alexander; therefore it unfortunately cannot be played without the Alexander expansion.
- for those of you that use Steam, extract the downloaded files to your RTW Alexander folder (normally this would be C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\RTW Alexander). Furthermore, Steam users should then do the following:
- right click on Rome Total War - Alexander in your Steam library, and select 'Properties' from the menu.
- under Properties, go to the first tab, 'General'. At the bottom is a box that you can select to set launch options for the game.
- copy this and paste it there; "-mod:terrae_expugnandae -nm -show_err -movie_cam -enable_editor -noalexander". Make sure there is a space before the dash (-)!!
- the game should load with the mod from Steam. No need to click the bat file anymore.
The majority of the mod is modfoldered, however the in-game graphical improvements are not. I have tested the vanilla game extensively, and apart from the increase in terrain graphics and the campaign map there are no problems
Feedback is greatly appreciated; with your feedback I can release better updates that fix any bugs or problems. PM me if you have any questions or problems with the mod!