Full mod (v2) Changes: - A severely LONG list of changes have been made: * It now runs on Alexander.exe; this was necessary in order to incorporate the...
In my opinion TE Gold is an amazing mod (personally my favourite RTW mod of all time), but I always felt like there could be a little bit more added onto it. As a result, I began modding it and eventually this was the result!
My overhaul contains several new major changes; so much so that you wont be able to recognise the original Terrae Expugnandae mod! Some of the changes are as follows:
This mod isn't entirely historically accurate; some leeway has been given for aesthetic looks and balance as well, so don't come flaming when you notice that "X unit didn't wear Corinthian helmets!" or "Faction Y has THIS city? etc"
As of v2, this mod has been modified to run on Alexander; therefore it unfortunately cannot be played without the Alexander expansion.
- for those of you that use Steam, extract the downloaded files to your RTW Alexander folder (normally this would be C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\RTW Alexander). Furthermore, Steam users should then do the following:
- right click on Rome Total War - Alexander in your Steam library, and select 'Properties' from the menu.
- under Properties, go to the first tab, 'General'. At the bottom is a box that you can select to set launch options for the game.
- copy this and paste it there; "-mod:terrae_expugnandae -nm -show_err -movie_cam -enable_editor -noalexander". Make sure there is a space before the dash (-)!!
- the game should load with the mod from Steam. No need to click the bat file anymore.
The majority of the mod is modfoldered, however the in-game graphical improvements are not. I have tested the vanilla game extensively, and apart from the increase in terrain graphics and the campaign map there are no problems
Feedback is greatly appreciated; with your feedback I can release better updates that fix any bugs or problems. PM me if you have any questions or problems with the mod!
No news has been posted here. If you have relevant news to share you should post it now.