This member has provided no bio about themself...
It's really not that difficult. Download the patch, run the exe and tell it to install, say, on the Desktop. Then move the Data folder which you'll find there to ...\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War Forces of Corruption\Mods\Stargate (overwrite files when asked).
Aaand you're done;)
Nope, not really, sorry.
Heavily depends on how much freetime the we will have in the next months.
On a more official note: There have been ideas to include SGU-related stuff at one point but then it would have to be outside the regular mod mechanics. We'll have to see on how things turn out - currently we're still focusing on the ground part.
Well, you could also read the description that comes with every patch;)
Thanks for the info, TitanOrganic! I've fixed the broken link now.
That means that you can download the patches prior to 1.3 without problems?
We're currently investigating the issue since a small amount of people seem to have trouble lately. For the mean time you can download the patches manually and install them by hand. (See FAQ for install instructions)
There have been a few reports from people having trouble downloading the mod in the last few days - we're investigating the issue.
Do you get the error message when you try to update the mod or does it occur right on startup? Either way, could you please provide us with an error log so we can take a closer look?
If the launcher opens, run it and click on Settings. Select the Advanced tab and check generate errorlog. After that, repeat the steps that cause your problem. In the same folder the launcher is in you'll now find a file named "log.txt": Open it and send us its content.
If it fails to start:
1: Press [Win]+[R]
2. Type regedit and press [ENTER]
3. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Stargate Modding
4. Double-click on GenerateErrorLog on the left side and change the value to 1
After that, make the launcher crash and send us the content of the log.txt file you'll find in the same folder the SGTPCLauncher.exe is in.
Take a look at the installation instructions in our FAQ: Stargate-eaw.de
When using the manual installation, click on the exe file to unpack all contained files to this directory ...\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War Forces of Corruption\Mods\Stargate.
If you're using Windows Vista, 7 or 8 right-click on the exe before unpacking and select "Run as Administrator".
If that doesn't help please give us detailed information on the steps you performed.
I recommend to use the launcher and then copy over.
Because indeed you need to install every patch in order for the mod to be complete. Furthermore some files need to be deleted before applying certain patches as state in the patches' description and the launcher does that automatically.
All I can say is that it works for me.
Have you tried installing the latest directX runtime environment as suggested on the page? Modtools.petrolution.net
For the EaW version you mean?
You can try but most likely they are not compatible.
We're investigating the issue. Just to make sure, could you send us the errorlog generated by the launcher?
To do so, run the launcher and click on Settings. Select the Advanced tab and check generate errorlog. After that, repeat the steps that cause your problem. In the same folder the launcher is in you'll now find a file named "log.txt": Open it and send us its content.
You can find the ram fix here: Stargate-eaw.de
The launcher should always be able to download the patches - no matter what version of the game you use.
- Have you started FoC on your new computer at least once? Otherwise necessary paths are missing in the registry.
- Are you using the latest version of the launcher? (1.3.7)
See Settings -> Advanced.
- Do you have a very strict anti-virus software that could be blocking the launcher?
Try setting an exclusion or disable it for a short period of time to perform the update.
Try to update/reinstall your graphics card driver and/or reinstall EaW+FoC. Something seems to be messed up on your system.
There have been a few reports of people having trouble to download files with the launcher. We're looking into it.
If the problem occurs after installation, try to run the launcher's compatibility check as Administrator (you can find it in the settings menu) and check for errors.
If the problem occurs beforehand, go on the launcher settings -> advanced -> generate error log. Then, reproduce the problem and look for a log.txt file you'll find in the same folder the launcher is in. Please send us the content of that file.
Changes the launcher's language to English. In the settings menu, enable "generate error log". Then make the launcher crash and send us the content of the log.txt file you'll find in the same folder the launcher is in.
Well, the mode has a "hard" setting for a reason:p Although I have to admit that the Antarctica map turned out to be too easy in comparison... Well, you got a challenge now;D
A few tips:
- Move the Aurora to the south and try to keep it close to the asteroids so it can only be attacked from one side. Move your other ships in front of it so they act as a barrier.
- Since the early waves are easier to survive try to save as money for the bigger ships here as you can.
- Save money for a few corvettes, and spawn them _behind_ bombers once they have reached a greater distance from the rest of the attacking fleet. Kill them off and return your corvettes to your main fleet before they get killed. Corvettes are your best bet against fighters and bombers if you prevent them from being killed by the big ships.
- When only a few hostile fleets spawn use that to your advantage. Most of the bigger Wraith ships are slow so you can kill them before they even come close to your Aurora.
Hope that helps:)
thank you a lot for your feedback!
1) When you install the ram-fix, did you do it for EaW >and< FoC? Because the launcher checks both games.
You can validate by checking EaW's GameData/Data/Xml folder for the existence of a GameConstants.xml and for FoC you should find a GameConstants.xml as well as a GraphicDetails.xml.
2) Are you using an ATI/AMD graphics card? These are known to have trouble with custom shaders sometimes.
3) Is a direct result of #2.
4) Does this only happen when you call for new reinforcements? I mean, exactly in that second?
(5) We'll rework the descriptions for the next patch, thanks for the info! :)
We don't check this page frequently - if you want your comment to be read please post on our mod's main page. Thanks!
Please read the description of the video Klon linked to you...
Leave a message in the thread I mentioned if you need help with something specific.
There are indeed a few plans facing that direction. We'll see:)
take a look at this thread: Stargate-eaw.de :)
Try moving the Aurora to a safer location (i.e. between the Asteroids in the south). That will make the scenario way easier. Also, try to save the money for the bigger ships during the early waves, then you should be able to survive the seventh wave:)
Thank you! :D
We hope so :D
Wave Mode can be played in Multiplayer as well (it was designed for that!) BUT you and your friends need very powerful computers to avoid synchronization errors.
The logs don't show any server failure. Anyways, I just downloaded the mod via launcher just to be sure -> give it a try again.
If the mod shows errors reset it in the launcher's settings.