This member has provided no bio about themself...
this map is pretty good, played it 3 times. I'd suggest to add some ambient lighting to make it not pure black as it is right now in some places.
played it lots of times, nice map! but there is at least one spot where it's too easy to hold which makes all rounds very similar to each other
this map is definitely something we didn't see in kf2 ;) need to play it more to rate
it's better for VPK file to have no spaces in its name. Automatic installation works much better in this case
they need to show various games in their ads, not just one game all the time. I browsed some pages on moddb just now and on every page I see THE RED SOLTICE!! it's everywhere. Might be good to show some other games too if I already clicked Red soltice
That's a bit brutal solution^^ Isn't it possible to mount HL2 and episodes VPK files directly without extracting them? Just like Synergy does
It's a pity that Windows XP is not supported.
You also didn't say what does this mountfix actually tries to solve. What's the advantage of running mountfix?
this may be due some files were not unpacked from archive. I can recommend 7-zip.org archiver if you use winrar(see my answer above).
I had this problem with WinRar, it couldn't uncompress the 7z archive. 7zip works better and is free.
Good. But will be bad if you will force show too long ads, like 30 sec or more. Stick to the youtube's video ads policy, where you can skip an ad after some time if you don't like it or saw it already. And it will be fine.
My fav are Black Mesa and Alien Swarm: Reactive Drop
Transmissions mod. Didn't hear about it until it was released
I'd demostrate it on map with black skybox ;)
Nice addon, but I'd suggest to distribute sounds and UI in separate addons
is there a way(a cvar) to disable full screen effects like Lens Flare and similar? I think these effects add framerate drops
you shouldn't post this as a mod if you only created an addon(VPK file)
For installation instructions see Sites.google.com
Nice. But you need to put it in VPK format. Here, I did this for you. You can update your upload with this file:
Yeah, PDW is too quiet. And prototype sound is just too funny :)
Nothing is broken. You can select any marine in DM. Default key to open selection panel is "m". You can bind another key in keyboard settings in game.
1. Planning to add in next version.
2. This is on the list for future releases.
3. This is Steam's issue. Every mod(that is in sourcemods folder) is now displayed like that. See:
Changelog can be found here:
Can be probably done. Are there mappers interested in this game mode?
This is first public release
Overall the campaign looks good. Some bugs:
2nd mission Main Lab:
- Too laggy, high ping makes it barely playable on Brutal difficulty. This is because you added a lot of networked entities(eggs, biomass, aliens, buzzers!!!, moving prop_dynamic, func_brush that receives inputs, fund_tracktrain, triggers etc). use net_graph 1 to see the ping and "In" value. It is good to have "In" as low as possible, smaller then 1000 is good
- Marines bots often get stuck. This is because the node graph have broken links. Can be easily fixed. Read: Developer.valvesoftware.com , see official maps as examples. Use ai_show_connect to examine your graph
- Too much bloom. Can be easily adjusted by adding logic_auto and env_tonemap_controller, see official maps as examples.
- In resource/overviews/*.txt files you need to add a section with version, author and website, example:
I looked inside your VPK and found that download link is incorrect.
There is no version and DL from maps' in resources. If you will be planning an update I can post you what to update.
Btw, why did you call the addon here on moddb "Ryder, John" when the campaign name is Hive?
can you please mark it as COOP or Multiplayer + Coop in mod description, because it is not shown in lists of top coop mods. You set it as multiplayer
the amount of ammo is so high because we've activated carnage mode that scales amount of aliens
where is the short summary of what is this mod about? I see News, Images, Videos, but not Summary
Yeah, putting map in VPK crashes the game. I made a quick research and found out that the reason of crash is some models(not sure which). If you don't put models into VPK file there is no crash. VPK files override default game files, you probably have overridden some of default game models.
You can find out which model causes crash by putting only some models in VPK. I found that 2 first models folders: props_c17 and props_don'tremember cause this crash. It's up to you to find the exact model name and exclude it from VPK.
Also you linked your addon to a mod Alien Swarm SP which is a bit incorrect, because it's an Alien Swarm addon
great, long map, thank you ^^