This member has provided no bio about themself...
Nothing is broken. You can select any marine in DM. Default key to open selection panel is "m". You can bind another key in keyboard settings in game.
1. Planning to add in next version.
2. This is on the list for future releases.
3. This is Steam's issue. Every mod(that is in sourcemods folder) is now displayed like that. See:
Changelog can be found here:
Can be probably done. Are there mappers interested in this game mode?
This is first public release
Overall the campaign looks good. Some bugs:
2nd mission Main Lab:
- Too laggy, high ping makes it barely playable on Brutal difficulty. This is because you added a lot of networked entities(eggs, biomass, aliens, buzzers!!!, moving prop_dynamic, func_brush that receives inputs, fund_tracktrain, triggers etc). use net_graph 1 to see the ping and "In" value. It is good to have "In" as low as possible, smaller then 1000 is good
- Marines bots often get stuck. This is because the node graph have broken links. Can be easily fixed. Read: Developer.valvesoftware.com , see official maps as examples. Use ai_show_connect to examine your graph
- Too much bloom. Can be easily adjusted by adding logic_auto and env_tonemap_controller, see official maps as examples.
- In resource/overviews/*.txt files you need to add a section with version, author and website, example:
I looked inside your VPK and found that download link is incorrect.
There is no version and DL from maps' in resources. If you will be planning an update I can post you what to update.
Btw, why did you call the addon here on moddb "Ryder, John" when the campaign name is Hive?
can you please mark it as COOP or Multiplayer + Coop in mod description, because it is not shown in lists of top coop mods. You set it as multiplayer
the amount of ammo is so high because we've activated carnage mode that scales amount of aliens
where is the short summary of what is this mod about? I see News, Images, Videos, but not Summary
Yeah, putting map in VPK crashes the game. I made a quick research and found out that the reason of crash is some models(not sure which). If you don't put models into VPK file there is no crash. VPK files override default game files, you probably have overridden some of default game models.
You can find out which model causes crash by putting only some models in VPK. I found that 2 first models folders: props_c17 and props_don'tremember cause this crash. It's up to you to find the exact model name and exclude it from VPK.
Also you linked your addon to a mod Alien Swarm SP which is a bit incorrect, because it's an Alien Swarm addon
great, long map, thank you ^^
I've installed this map.
I load it from console: map po_edit_04d
All I get is a pistol and some cube under my legs, nothing more. No portal gun.
How do I fix it?
Nice map, thanks! I liked your objectives' images :)
But why didn't you pack it into VPK file?
- There is no download url. People will not be able to download your map when they see a server in public games' list
- There are no markers on minimap
- The minimap is shifted
- Infinite spawns make it pretty challenging. Some players don't like infinite spawns
at what mission?
You guys use Episode 2 content probably because I get lots of pink textured models and ERROR models from the start of the game.
Is it HL2 EP 2 mod? Then state this in your mod's profile. Currently it says that it is HL2 mod
Images are not clickable.
To be able to join your friend's server you need to know his direct IP (e.g. 22.214.171.124) and type in console: connect 126.96.36.199
For devs, you guys made an awesome mod! But need to fix this "white textures bug", screenshot:
To fix it you need to place env_cubemap entities around the map. After you compiled a map you open it ingame and type in console: buildcubemaps
This will fix this problem.
Also the vehicle makes players get stuck on it often.
And the vehicle itself can stuck:
And there is nothing you can do with it.
And why did you add a timer? It was not fun to make it all over again.
nice, I like your vehicles. You need some maps for vehicle based combats, like capture the resource etc. See Ravaged game, it has fun vehicle combats
Find a marine on the map ^^
I'd suggest you guys to create a video tutorial for beginners that shows the main aspects of the game, how to play it, and what to do. Place this tutorial as an item in main menu and play the video right in the game or forward a user to youtube.
Or create a game instructor which helps beginners. It's very hard to get started, you always die without figuring out what to do. I'd understand if it'd be only me, but everyone dies also.
I didn't see difficulty choosing so I assume it's always the same. Would be good to know what map do I start from, which one is the easiest.
All times I played we never finished the level, everyone always died.
Often people reconnect to become alive.
For addon\mod uploader it is vital to get notifications on email or PM about comments to your work.
well, may be it looks like too ancient but it's a fun campaign and interesting to play to.
Is there a multiplayer in this EP2 ? Why moddb shows this: Players Single & Multiplayer ?
Is it playable in multiplayer? Will you schedule a gameplay event?
I totally agree with you. VMF files are included in VPK so I hope some mapper will take these maps and improve them. I've applied bloom fix to make it more pleasant to play and included VMF file to encourage community to customize these maps.
Nice sounds. I like some of them, but not all.
I someone wants to share his free gift with me I would be very grateful ^^