This member has provided no bio about themself...
I have some ideas for new features, if I may :-)
- Arenas and Gauntlets (a.k.a Cage of Hope) - these would be special trials one could attempt for great prises. For instance a classic type defeat the enemies arena with variations (maybe even limitations). Or even a survival gauntlet where you have no weapon, just armor and maybe a shield and you have to survive from A to B under constant threat. And you could bar passages off, to increase your chances. How about a maze riddled with traps and puzzles, kinda like Path of Exile, only hard. Oh, how about an arena where you're can become a monster yourself and battle in duels!
Specializations - similar to the ones in Diablo 2,only they are for everybody and could unlock unique abilities and stat upgrades. For example, staff spezialitation. You could get bonuses from staves and maybe an ability for martial-arts type attacks. This would turn thr monk into an actual monk. Food for thought.
Temporary companions - I totally agree that running would break the experience of Diablo 1. One other thing that would break it are companions. However temporary companions with a short story arc would be interesting. I remember the horror i felt meeting the bleeding victim of the Butcher for the first time (i was a child then). Let's for instance in some cases you could meet this guy inside the dungeon and save him from his grim fate.
Another idea: rogue with a thirst for vengeance against king Leoric, why 'the Hell' not. Or even NPCs that have little to do with the story but could give you assisstance or even lore for helping them. This leads me to my next idea:
Expanded lore - I realise this would be more fanfiction than anything but what if you could insert lesser known facts about the Diablo universe as hints or even develop whole stories. They could be taken from the books or the other games if possible. Diablo 1 feels a bit barebones in terms of lore the further you go down the cathedral. Why are the different goat clans there, what are the different demons inside the cathedral and so on. I know this was never an issue with this game, but I've started reqding Warhammer lore lately and for me more lore always makes a beloved game better. And if Sierra can create a dungeon with zerg hive rip-offs and make it enjoyable, I don't see why this would be a bad idea if it is possible to implement.
These are all the ideas that I have for now. If I think of anything else and you like these, I'll make sure to write them :-)
Unfortunately it isn't :/ (trust me, I know them by heart)
I've said it once, I'll say it again - this mod will turn Gothic II into one of the greatest games ever!
It's so beautiful, I feel like I could cry
I have a question about this mod. Forgive me if it's already answered somewhere: will this mod modify the Warcraft 3 campaigns so they can be played alongside?
Incredible! Thank you so much for reviving one of my favourite games in your vision ^_^
Lovely, thank you ^_^
This mod is going to turn Gothic II into the greatest game ever made, I swear :D Btw, can I ask where is the melody from? I like it.
It looks like the Diablo hero is tripping on shrooms :D
I really like what has been done. It feel very elegant. The main screen looks clean and fresh, and the units gritty as ever. Keep going guys, awesome work :)
Dafuq is this horror?!
Thank you very much for this. Everything is great. Even the Stamina bar removal is great. Thank you!
Hello Captain_Istvan. I created a small list of issues I had with the new mod. There are some suggestions as well and things you might have missed out. Would you like it and where should I send it to you :)
Super awesome, you are the last thing, making this day the best!
This is truly amazing. Thank you for breathing renewed life into this game. I can't wait for the release :)
Yes, maybe concentrate on the buildings and enemies. They should have foliage and messy things about them, so the screen doesn't look cluttered. I can see plenty of barrels and stands. Maybe if you try to cover them, it will give the illusion of fulfillment.
And it stands out from the regular green, which means that everything is fine.
Very charming looking, the trailer has me entranced. I can't judge from a trailer, but it looks very varied and kinda complicated, but also intruiging.
Why is she half-naked?
They look... roman. I don't know whether this is an improvement over the last.
Looks beautifull, really captures the Legacy of Kain atmosphere, are you planning to revive the project? :)
Wow, he actually looks bearable now, thank you :)
Hello Xaphan, I tried your mod today and I'm really enjoying myself. The new levels of depth and variation are sweet. So I wanted to help by listing some issues i'm having or just stating opinions.
- Seifed has a woman's voice
- Hirelings have french voices. I don't know if this is intentional.
- Swamp horrors are named SwampS horror, the extra S is wrong. Same for SwampS spiders
- Veteran swamp horrors have an ability to spin webs.
- How do you combine the charms and relics? It's not specified anywhere. In fact many items seem unusable, like the salvage kit.
- Can you explain how to increase the Gear level? I understand, it's via the Specialties, but it seems unclear to newcomers.
- There seems to be an uneven ratio drop of Health and Mana potions. As a warrior, all I'm getting are mana potions.
- On a personal note, might I suggest removing the Stamina bar? It useless, even the Sorceress overcomes this issue in a couple of levels.
- Sometimes the game feels too easy. I suggest raising the damage output on some creatures, like the young cave wurm. I'm playing on a difficulty for 8 players and they can barely scratch me. Same goes for poison effects.
- Having four levels of belt space from the beginning is not a good idea. Eliminates any form of pressure and a need to restock.
- You probably already have this on your mind, but is there a way to restict some classes from certain gear? There's no point in having mage gear if I can just as easily wear heavy armor. At least for the starting areas.
- Can you please put some items for gear level one? Being stuck with the same gear until leveling up my specialty doesn't really excite me.
- The Lycanthropy skill has nothing to do with vampirism. On contrare its the disease that transforms into a werewolf. Also make it more rare to use. If i specialise in melee, nothing stops me from being a vampire all the time and pounding everything in my path
- Wanga dolls don't display in the game screen
Yes I agree on making it a separate file, for the sake of nostalgia :D
You know, I can't agree with Raziel having a human face. Firstly this collides with his blue-ish skin and it looks ugly. Second after passing through the Abyss he can't have kept his skin. Raziel comments that the Abyss is like acid if i'm not mistaken.
Awesome! I'll try this mod as soon as I have the time. Keep on going, your work looks great.
Beautifull. The old design looks almost deserted, but now it feels like a functional city
What does modest mean, does it simplify the way characters and units look?
Also, do you plan on creating a Warriors of the north version?
They look very good. So the point is to create all creatures, with the exception of the Gnoms, lizard kin?
And a heroic new age