Last contest had ~70 map downloads between Fileplanet and PlanetDoom!
Starts NOW and ends November 25th @ 23:59 EST
Contestants and judges must sign up by the 18th.
Judges have one week to get results back. I'll e-mail you the spreadsheet.
Must run on stock Doom 3 but custom assets allowed and MUST be included (can't require an external pk4, etc).
Two screenshots with final submission.
e-mail me the map + a description (the_happy_friar at yahoo.com) Subject: “Doom 3 Mapping Contest #2”, in body include (separate lines) contestant name, e-mail address, map name.
Map naming convention: “d3sm2_.map, all custom content under “d3sm2_” folder, “d3sm2_.txt = readme, all zipped together under name “d3sm2_.zip”, “d3sm2__1.jpg & 2.jpg for screenshots. ZIP ONLY
NEW maps only!
As many maps as you want to submit
IMPORTANT: Need at least THREE judges and FIVE entrants!!!
Judging Criteria (all scored between 1-10):
- Texture Work (textures flow, little/no mismatched textures, etc)
- Originality (is it yet another "in hell" or "base" map or is it different?)
- Game Play (how fun it is)
- Extras (not required for finishing map, eastereggs)
- Lighting quality (lighting works well for map)
- Sound quality (sounds fit map)
- Technical (z-fighting, things work as expected, etc)
- Fits theme
- Subjective to judge (their personal feelings [/list]
Theme this time: space Here's the definition the judges must use: Merriam-webster.com
If you want to join the contest please post on Doom3World ( Doom3world.org ). If you want to be a judge also post. I'll make a desperate list of contestants and judges. Can't be both, sorry!