This group is open to everyone who likes any kind of aircraft
Sorry if the picture is too small
I uploaded the original size, so its ok :)
Never heard of one, I guess they unveiled it recently 0_0
Since when do the Iranians get addicted to the Ace Combat series?
Talk about an international uppercut...
On a side note, this jet looks BAD A**!
Hopefully the Iranians can get it into service before the Americans and Israelis finally decide to start another war, but then again, rushing a jet into service is a bad idea
BBC News reported that the aircraft "looks like a cheap copy of the American F-22".
Still trying to figure out what are those guys were smoking...
Ahem. Some guy from BBC Persia called it cheap. The actual BBC as a whole is nearly unbiased.
I was referring to the fact that this plane doesn't even remotely look like an F-22. The design is completely different.
It's a stealth fighter [made is a supposed "third world" country no less], therefore it MUST be a F-22 ripoff.
... and since no one had made the joke yet (maybe because this is not a Chinese plane)...
"Just because you have black paint on your plane does not mean it's a stealth fighter"
Note the sarcasm, deniable_pain.
To me it looks like French car - design, design, design. I want to see it in the air.
You guys have a lot to learn about airplanes...
1. They claim the plane is stealth yet a clear canopy and downward sloping wings create huge radar returns
2. They say it is supersonic, yet the airspeed indicator only goes to 300 knots
3. The ejection seat looks to be right out of a MIG
4. The air intakes are way too small for newer generation engines and there is no thrust vectoring. There aren't even any propelling nozzles
5. The nose is too small for radar instruments
6. Small wings means low fuel capacity and terrible range, also means large turning radius at faster speeds. If they use external fuel tanks, that ruins stealth
7. All the cockpit parts are off-the-shelf parts, many of which have English labeling, and none of them are even wired up
8. No weapons or targeting screens
9. No airspeed/vert airspeed/altimeter pitots
10. Huge gaps in hinges and control surfaces which ruin stealth
11. Too small for internal weapons, which means no stealth ability
All in all, the plane is just a cheap model but it fooled you guys just fine.
F22 and F35 has the same canopy shape. And they say they are stealth. Always sounded weird to me...
Where can you see the airspeed indicator? Even the cockpit image has too low quality. There are displays anyway... Maybe even targeting displays?
If it is a prototype, there can be no weapon hardpoints.
But model is the first thing that came to my mind, supported by size of plane.
The plane shown here is a mockup. As for Guest arguments:
1. CommanderDef already pointed it out.
2. CommanderDef already pointed it out. Just because it's looks like a random airspeed indicator doesn't mean it's the same one.
3. Do some research. It looks nothing like a Zvezda ejection seat.
4. We have yet to see the engine and a nozzle may be part of that engine. The engine is calmed to be made 100% in Iran so keeping it classified dose make sense. And the intake are overall as big as that of the Chinese FC-1.
5. Depends on the size of radar. There are BVR radars that are smaller than my head.
6. This fighter is likely a point/territorial defense fighter akin to Mig-29, so range is irrelevant.
8. Obviously, as it's a mock-up made for an international press release.
9. It is likely the original prototype aircraft has a helmet mounted display, Iran's been making them for quite some time now.
10. I have no idea what "gaps" are you speaking about that is going to ruin stealth.
11. The intake are on top, so there are place for at least two small weapons bey under the belly.
In short, you whoever you are need to do some actual research rather than copy pasting from militaryphotos.com and other places.
I gotta say I really can't see "5th generation" in any of this. CommanderDef, since when do you need to see an airspeed indicator in high quality? Even from the picture you can tell the indicator has a ridiculously small amount of increments.
rkraptors right, the ejection seat looks nothing like a Zvezda...... Anymore.
If I recall correctly the Fulcrum is an extremely fast response jet, meant to hold the line until the Flankers arrive. Hardly a job fitting for a 5th gen stealthy. What are are they going to do? Throw all 10 jets (or however many they have by 2080, mass producing 5th Generation stealth fighters is quite a task) to hold off the attacking force? If they have to fill the rapid response gap with non-stealth attack jets for joint defense then doesn't that almost completely nullify the surprise advantage of the F-313?
Anyway, all in all, there is absolutely no way on this planet that Iranian defense contractors could have come up with a completely indigenous 5th gen stealth jet prototype already. You don't have to have any brains whatsoever to see that.
This is nothing but a propaganda model, and like Guest said, it fooled you guys just fine.
I too now doubt it's actually a 5th gen. It's likely a Gen 4+ fighter, intended to replace the aging F-5 or just another test bed. It's calmed to have simple to built and those bent wing means it may not need extensive fly-by-wire or other advance technology (Or any at all) to use it effectively. And if that so, it won't be such difficult to built in large numbers. As for it's stealth capability, the design is definitely will have reduced RCS and they may utilized some RAM in it (Simple RAM's aren't exactly a hard to get or built stuff nowadays). The stealth feature of this plane is likely secondary, featured to make sure that enemy (4th gen fighter like F-15/16/18 and maybe the JSF) have a difficult time locking on with radar guided missile so the the F-313 pilots can engage them in visual range dogfights, where this plane will truly have an advantage as it seem to optimized for extreme maneuverability.
Iran is making Bavar 373 SAM along with a low-band radar to counter the F-22, the F-313 is likely designed to have an upper hand over conventional fighter.
@~upside down something~
Please, read before commenting.
This comment is currently awaiting admin approval, join now to view.
It has a completely different style compared to F-22...
definitely This is one of the best fighters in the world.
Of course. It outclasses every fighter ever created. I even hear it has interplanetary capabilities.
Donno about it's performance, but it sure is among the best looking fighter out there :D
Even the worst one is one of the best..
mmm small even for a mockup, didnt it supposed to have the real size of the final aircraft?
iranians are too stupid to produce suphisticated fighter,they cant design a simple wing,this so called fighter is a toy just toy,
... and this is what you become when you only get your news from Fox News...
This is definitely not 5th generation. I'd be surprised if it could even fly. If you get a good look at the engine, you'll notice that there is no nozzle! The entire plane will melt if they actually turn it on. Also, if it's "one of the best fighters in the world" why doesn't it have a HUD? That's right, look at internal pictures of the cockpit, and you'll see what I'm talking about. Also, the video that shows the plane allegedly flying is clearly a remote controlled toy. Notice how it wobbles from side to side during flight. And finally, common sense dictates that Iran cannot developed a 4+ generation fighter, let alone a 5th generation one. Russia and China are struggling to produce AESA radars and perfect stealth technology, how did Iran cook this up in spite of all the sanctions leveled against it? That just isn't possible.
On your last point, it's something called "stealing high tech stuff from others"
oh and before you say something along the lines of "it's not possible to build something good simply by relying on stealing high tech" well, than we have to face the impossible possility that the J-20 was acutally developed and not just stolen (and we all "know" that the Chinese are not capable of building anything other than cheap Walmart goods and cold war era weapons).
So which is it? The Iranians are not as stupid as FoxNews would like you to believe, or that it is possible to be competitive simply by stealing other countries' tech?
Intakes and nozzle is covered by the red thing (dunno how they are called in english). But still, that thing is not a real plane.
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.