In 1986, the world's worst nuclear disaster occurred at the Chernobyl power station. Soviet authorities established a 30km 'Exclusion Zone' around this nuclear wasteland, but in 2006 a second explosion rocked the stricken reactor, obliterating all living things and causing the Zone's boundaries to ripple outwards. From this epicenter came waves of mutated creatures, deadly radiation, and a strange, anomalous energy. The Zone was cordoned off by the military, who would shoot on sight anyone foolish enough to brave the horrors within.
Full release of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Pack 2013.
Posted by boredgunner on Jan 28th, 2013
**THIS MOD COMPILATION IS DEVELOPED FOR SHADOW OF CHERNOBYL v1.0005 (patch 5) !! IF YOU HAVE v1.0006 (STEAM VERSION), YOU MUST DELETE THE INCLUDED BIN FOLDER IN ORDER FOR THE MOD TO WORK.
NOW ON MODDB!
GET THIS PATCH REGARDLESS OF WHERE YOU GOT THE MOD:
ALTERNATE DOWNLOAD 2:
***********NEW BETA VERSION******************
Has Photorealistic Zone 2 instead of the original. Much better texture quality. But BE WARNED, performance is all over the place on my setup (1152p, max detail, GTX 680, i7 2600 @ 4.2 GHz, 8GB RAM). I think this just pushes x-ray to the limit, and the dual core limitation probably hurts a lot too. But if you're feeling brave...
NOTE: USING THE COMMAND r2_sun_near_border 1 IS USUALLY NECESSARY FOR THIS MOD.
NOTE 2: I recommend using motion blur. To do so, modify your shortcut that launches SoC (right click, Properties). Add -mblur to the target. In-game, motion blur can be tweaked with the r2_mblur command (e.g., r2_mblur 1 uses the most motion blur possible).
NOTE 3: From edwin11373: "Actually, I found a way to make better. In the ini file, the Sun_near was set to 12. I changed it to 30. The lower the number, the higher the quality of the shadows are BUT the far shadows are blocky until you get near them. So, by making the near shadows less in quality you can lower the drastic transition between high/low qualities of shadows. I don't mind having a bit low-res near shadow just as long there's no awful transition."
NOTE 4: The Stalker Shaders MAX settings application is not fully functional. Don't use it.
OPTIONAL SUNSHAFTS REPLACER. This makes it so dynamic outdoor shadows can only be viewed from certain angles, like sunshafts. This shader implementation comes from OGSE.
Note: I recommend using the 3GB Enabler found on Complete 2009's page. Here's the Readme since it isn't included in that link, and this needs to be at least 300 characters.
Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Pack 2013 is a merge of the following mods:
- Oblivion Lost 2010 by Kyuzo84 and OLP team for OL2.2
- Photorealistic Zone by LoNer1
- Particle Paradise by LoNer1
- Arsenal Mod by Arsenal mod team
- Gnomus scopes by gnomus
- STALKERSOUP shaders (tweaked STALKER Shaders MAX)
- Dynamic shaders 1.1 by Meltac
- Absolute Nature by Cromm Cruac
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Music Expansion by Sclera
- Everything re-tweaked for difficulty and immersion by me
- New outfits, misc items (from OGSE), new sound effects (from TehCourtJester), some particles from Particle Paradise, and much more.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS for max settings at 1080p
- Intel Core i3 dual core at 3.0 GHz or more, or AMD equivalent
- 4GB RAM or more
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 / AMD Radeon HD 6850 or better
- Open or unzip the file "SoC MP 2013" and drag the gamedata folder to your Shadow of Chernobyl root folder (e.g., C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl OR C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl)
- OPTIONAL - > put the bin folder in the same directory
- START A NEW GAME and enjoy
As with any mod, you should save often. I tend to make a separate save for each level, and overwrite it every time I enter that level.
Check out these gameplay videos!