REFUSION is a fusion of FPS and RTS game genres with great emphasis on multiplayer.
This is the first of series of articles, in which we’ll introduce you to the creation process of single objects in REFUSION. Everything here we created literally from the floor.
Posted by Gumpanela on Oct 22nd, 2012
How we lay in the hay... ahem grass:
1) At the beginning we collected the grass and took pictures of it.... in home conditions :)
2) Then we cut out the carpet :)
3) Then we desaturated and contrasted the grass...
4) ...and masked it:
5) Then we took the created mask and applied it to the original picture:
6) Then we cropped the grass bit more, to get rid of the bright pixels at the blade's edges, which would mess up the picture at the final stage:
7) In the end we just left the grass (respectively the RGB component) to seep into the free space surrounding it:
8) Final results can be seen here: