Overgrowth takes place in the savage world of Lugaru where rabbits, wolves and other animals are forced to use paws, claws and medieval weaponry to engage each other in battle. Combining 3rd person adventure platforming with intricate melee combat, Overgrowth achieves a unique feel. Overgrowth also benefits from Wolfire's brand new Phoenix Engine which has been built from the ground up to allow the use of cutting edge graphics, animation, and physics. Add to these exciting features Overgrowth’s realistic artificial intelligence and streamlined control system and the result is an astoundingly immersive experience.
New features including AI characters can be set to follow other characters, AI investigates dead bodies, new wolf variant with tintable colors, player can attack unconscious characters, hotspots have update function, testing particle emitter volumes, AI makes a sound when alerted or hostile, AI transitions more slowly to 'investigate' state, and much more!
Posted by jeffr on Aug 13th, 2014
Here is the latest in our new Overgrowth alpha format! David himself took some time to illustrate the traditional changelog in video form.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth.
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (among some extra ones thrown in for good measure):
- AI characters can be set to follow other characters
- AI investigates dead bodies
- New wolf variant with tintable colors
- Changed scale of different characters (rats are small, dogs are big)
- Player can attack unconscious characters
- Hotspots have update function, testing particle emitter volumes
- AI makes a sound when alerted or hostile
- AI transitions more slowly to 'investigate' state
- AI takes longer to notice visible enemies
- Characters keep track of what items they know about
- Automatically swap weapons to dominant hand
- More natural combat crouch stance movement
- Combat AI targets closest enemy
- AI does not roll to standing between arena rounds
- Reasonable maximum arena difficulty (no more black blobs)
- Non-rabbits cannot jump very high
- AI only runs for help from allies that they know about
- Fixed blood streaks stretching too far
- Fixed performance bottleneck when there are many weapons
- Updated vertex weights for all characters
- New weapon animations for attacking low
- More robust ledge grab/detection system
- Characters drop large weapons when grabbing edges
- More controlled AI sound detection
- Fixed "#version 130" shader compatibility issue
- Prompt if user wants to save changes to levels on quit
- Fixed "GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod" shader compatibility issue
- testing dithered cascade shadow filtering
- fixed partial rendering of graphics setting screen
- fixed problems with blood decal lighting and tinting
- better control of AI character rotation
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe below.