Overgrowth takes place in the savage world of Lugaru where rabbits, wolves and other animals are forced to use paws, claws and medieval weaponry to engage each other in battle. Combining 3rd person adventure platforming with intricate melee combat, Overgrowth achieves a unique feel. Overgrowth also benefits from Wolfire's brand new Phoenix Engine which has been built from the ground up to allow the use of cutting edge graphics, animation, and physics. Add to these exciting features Overgrowth’s realistic artificial intelligence and streamlined control system and the result is an astoundingly immersive experience.
A new dev video is here, featuring the new audience system and other arena enhancements.
Posted by jeffr on Mar 19th, 2013
Here is the latest in our new Overgrowth alpha format! David himself took some time to illustrate the traditional changelog in video form.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth.
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (among some extra ones thrown in for good measure):
- Added audience excitement system based on combat events
- Added combat event system so level script can query what is happening
- Added crowd sound that changes based on excitement
- Added script support for looping sounds, and pitch/gain shifting
- Added Elo-inspired player skill ranking and win-probability system
- Added initial intro and outro text for arena career matches
- Added new scriptable Freetype text rendering
- Scroll wheel selection for objects under mouse wheel
- Whoosh sound for missed or dodged attacks
- Fixed problem with weapon sheathing on Linux
- Tweaked jump animation
- Improved camera rotation at level start
- Fixed level editor decal-only or object-only selection
- Improved performance and accuracy of decal projection
- Fixed problem with splitscreen mode persisting in editor mode
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe below.