Overgrowth takes place in the savage world of Lugaru where rabbits, wolves and other animals are forced to use paws, claws and medieval weaponry to engage each other in battle. Combining 3rd person adventure platforming with intricate melee combat, Overgrowth achieves a unique feel. Overgrowth also benefits from Wolfire's brand new Phoenix Engine which has been built from the ground up to allow the use of cutting edge graphics, animation, and physics. Add to these exciting features Overgrowth’s realistic artificial intelligence and streamlined control system and the result is an astoundingly immersive experience.
New features including ten early prototype challenge levels, initial challenge level selection menu (press 'challenge' on main menu), LevelSet xml files, which list a whole set of challenge levels to display in selector, "Name" and "Description" fields to level xml, and more!
Posted by jeffr on Jul 16th, 2012
Here is the latest in our new weekly Overgrowth alpha format! David himself took some time to illustrate the traditional changelog in video form.
Don't forget that you can help support us, try out our weekly alphas (such as the one in the video), and chat with other preorderers in the Secret Preorder Forum by preordering Overgrowth.
The features highlighted in the above video are as follows (among some extra ones thrown in for good measure):
- Added ten early prototype challenge levels
- Added initial challenge level selection menu (press 'challenge' on main menu)
- Added LevelSet xml files, which list a whole set of challenge levels to display in selector
- Added "Name" and "Description" fields to level xml
- Can exit out of challenge level end to continue playing completed level
- Fixed problem with levels that have empty Objectives text
- Starting work on function to detect which data files are used
Also, feel free to support us by preordering Overgrowth!
If you liked this video, be sure to subscribe below.