OA is back, now with more big space yards, japanese catgirls (=<^_^>=), double domination, space marines, and machineguns! Instant Gib, unlagged, and alt-tabs too. Revamped levels and 7 new ones are on the list, and several annoying bugs are fixed and lots of things were polished. Despite the version number increment, this is actually a new major release.
Posted by leilei on Apr 21st, 2008
I thought I was making the players wait too long, nearly 10 months for the next major release. Things have been admittedly slow so I figured i'll release what's done so far. This is not the fabled version 0.8.0, but it is a nice prelude to it. :)
- New player model : Assassin. This guy kills for greed.
- New player model : Space Marine. This guy serves his Corps. In SPACE.
- New player skin : Angelyss/Neko. Mew!!!!!! :3
- New player skin : Grism/Indigo. A homage of that other game.
- Ayumi/Neko, Angelyss/Sly have been atticed due to quality reasons.
- Text font (bigchars.tga) used by console and hud messages now doesn't bleed anymore.
- Special characters added for text font (bigchars.tga) used by some
mods. If you've ever encountered a "?" where it shouldn't be in a mod,
this should really fix it
- lots of maps and changed maps, at least 8 new significant maps to play! This includes the reworked oa_dm3 and oa_dm5.
- oa_ctf2 is more balanced, slightly retextured.
- Elimination and CTF elimination game types. No one respawns until the round is over.
- Double domination game type. Two teams must control two points on the map for 10 seconds to score.
- Last Man Standing game type. The name of the game is self explanatory.
- Instant Gib option, gives everyone only a railgun that does kills instantly.
- All Rockets option, makes everyone only have a rocket launcher.
- Alt-tab working.
- Unlagged tracehits option, provides a more responsive feel for railguns, machineguns and shotguns.
- Classic Grism aren't teamskins anymore. This means the 'white' skin
will not show up during team games. In addition, the skins can be used
for FFA again.
- Completely in SDL.
- BFG BFG BFG BFG
- A lot of other stuff we forgot like minor polishings. There's lots of it and too many to mention here.