Version 1.2 of our game Island Hopping is now officially released (testing and final adjustments took a bit longer than we expected)! On top of containing a number of adjustments, new features, and bug fixes, this is also the first version of the game we'll be releasing through ModDB. To celebrate, here's a trailer:
We've also uploaded a number of new screenshots to show Version 1.2, which can be found in our Gallery!
Here is a list of adjustments, bug fixes, and new features added to the game:
- Difficulty levels adjusted.
- Distance reward points adjusted.
- OGRE screen removed (and along with it a couple of glitches that occurred through it).
- Jumping is now mapped to most keyboard keys as well as the left and right mouse buttons as opposed to just the space bar.
- High Scores (both Online and Local) added.
- Double jumping added on Easy and Medium difficulties.
- Options menu, with some new option choices.
- New post-game screen.
- News ticker on the main menu.
- "No Island Spawn" glitch fixed.
Download Links (make sure to read the Readme, it contains important information regarding controls, instructions, etc.):
NOTE: For optimal experience with the Installed version, run the game as an administrator if the game is installed in the default location. If it is not, settings and scores will not save.
Gameplay instructions can be found in the Readme or HERE.