Update time! It’s been a hectic few days for development. Rushing to fix errors and bugs, changing things up and adding new features. Here is a list of addressed bugs and newly added features and improvements.
- Strange tree collision detection
- Aligned the grain effect to the view when traveling left
- Changed the way the hud is drawn, so that it is drawn on the view itself rather than following the view as an independent entity.
- The sound error that consisted of the abduction noise continuing after the player dies while using it.
- The sound error that consisted of the abduction noise continuing if the was tapped quickly.
- The sound error that consisted of the thrust noise continuing after death if the button is still held down.
- A new cannon enemy that fires a continuous barrage of small arms fire when the player is within a certain distance.
- More levels (Obviously)
- Waterfall entity that can be seen in the images below.
- A better grass effect on all upwards facing blocks.
- Tweaked level progression effects.
- A horizontal and vertical expanse, so the levels can be bigger than the size of 800 by 600 pixels. This allows for longer, more elaborate levels.
- Missiles now do more damage (around 20% more)
- Fuel refills will no longer refuel your ship over 100% of its capacity.
- New abduction animation.
- Exit now exits (derp)
- Better cloud effects.
That’s all I can think of for now, it’s been a busy couple of days. I’d also like to announce that I’m currently in talks with Desura about possible publishing. So stay tuned for more on that!
Back to making levels, and a level list. Looks like the game may be completed way a head of schedule! Have an image gallery of the improved graphics…