Today's version (v0.1.9.99) extends the recently updated quests. Now, the level editor allows the level designer to associate quest rewards to a quest. This is optional and a reward can currently be any kind of object that exists in the game. A count can also be set to specify a specific amount of reward:
When the player completes a quest, the reward is placed in a special reward-crate. This crate allows the player to select the reward from the crate and place it anywhere on the map. Eventually, the rewards will be extended to include more than one kind of reward as well as other types of entities, such as creatures or abilities.
Here's the change-log summary: Other changes include:
- Improves Error Catching for Video Card Issues.
- Adds Quest Rewards: Quests can now reward player with different types of rewards.
- Adds Reward Crate: Rewards are delivered in a special Reward crate.
- Adds Rewards Management to Level Editor.
- Extends Server Database to incorporate Level changes made over the past weeks.
- Adds new server methods to load/save Level data.
- Code Cleanup and Refactoring
- Some visual additions
- Extends quit-game frame to return to main menu.
- Adds new frame to select tutorial levels.
- Extends textbox control.
- Fixes bug with projectiles.
- Fixes bug that caused enemies to spawn like there's no tomorrow.