Dead Morning is a open source standalone game based on the Darkplaces Engine with a new style of horror game adventure, mixing a lot of great games of this genere.
About the story of "Dead Morning"
You are Eliot Paulina one electrical and electronics Technician that work with the contractor Francosta S.A, in a normal routine labor that he takes, he has to fix the crucial electrical instalation of the Ex Club Hotel that is abandoned and the new ownership want to fix this building, but a lots of mysteries surround the Club Hotel that the player has never faced before...
Some short features of the game will be:
Some of the games that we took inspiration for do this game are Scratches, Which, Fibrillation, Quake, Resident Evil 1, Silent Hill Shattered Memories, Alone in the Dark (1992), Silent Hill 2 and The Hunted Chronicles.
Well so much things happend in this time, a lot of work was done in the game and now there are some new and great mechanics that reflect more the kind of game that is aiming A Dark Place to be. And also there are some good recibment of the people about this proyect. We where invited to show the game in the EVA 2016 (Exposición de Videojuegos Argentina),wich is the more big game show of Argentina,we show the game with some other proyects in colaboration of Gamexel,another game indie studio friend.
The game now is entering slowly to the beta phase,and we hope to make some release of the game at any time,so stay tuned for more news about the game.
So now,we go to the important,a lot of screens and exciting good news and features! :
(Warning! There are a lot of cool screens of the game,so take a time to load all this great pictures)
- Dude playing the game and scaring himself a little.
- Playing in the big T.V for a more scaring experience.
- Always turn on the flashlight or run, wherever you want to do.
- All playing very focused in the games.
- Running and watching that precious game field.
- And the last picture of the expo, in the dark halls of the game...
It was a great pleausure to show A Dark Place in the game expo more big in our country,we have a very great feedback from the people that played and everyone enjoy the game and scary a lot also,dont ever play this game alone in the dark....
And now, a big bunch of screens from the last version of the game,with all the new features and things that you will expect to see:
- New work in the exterior map and the route part.
- New and beautiful trees and more ambience to the exterior.
- New and optimised shader work with some cool texture effects.
- New game interactions with the environment and a lot of detailing in the map,like some spider nets.
- And of course,our great friend in this adventure (if you have enough battery) the flashlight!
- The flashlight will serve you as a help to defeat the dark places of the factory.
- New exploring system,you can open all the lockers and search for objects,like batteries, flares, keys, and more.
- And if you find a light that works,don't even trust in that light.
- But in any case there is always flares that you can search in the game to light your way for a time.
- Finding switches and interacting with them always make something in the game.
- More improved and optimised storm system.
- New textures and a more in depth style to the industrial environments.
- More updates to the original level design of the factory map.
- Randomised switch system,so if you replay the game,switches maybe can change the original localization that they used to be before.
- Improved rain,thunder and storm sounds to make a more in depth experience.
- And more dark and creepy rooms to not get lost in them.
So,that it´s all for now,we hope that you follow the game here,or if you want you can follow the game and other CatGazing game developments in our Facebook page, or in our friend page Gamexel.
See you in the next update!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.