Many of you may recall me saying that in the April/May period I would be taking a short hiatus from working on any games I've been currently working on. I unfortunately understand the implications on Crawle and indeed any other game I wanted to release but I can't reschedule exams and definitely can't ignore them.
So I leave the website to the rest of the Sleepy Team and hope that our games and the website don't die off in this short period.
I'll be back in either June or July. Good luck everyone.
Anyway, here's what to look forward to once I come back and 0.3.0 gets released:
0.2.5 --> 0.3.0
# GRAPHICAL CHANGES
- New bars.
- Improved the day-night cycle so it's more realistic.
- NPC names turn red when they become hostile (i.e. at night).
- Added a item description box.
- Fixed sound and music (lol).
- Fixed sound and music options (lol again).
- Fixed the camera system!
- Fixed the merchant not changing to his zombie sprite at night.
- Fixed NPC names not centering.
- Fixed the save button in the options menu not working.
- Fixed inputs not being recognized.
- Fixed action messages (e.g. "Level Up!").
- Fixed pressing esc in menus opening the options window.
- Fixed chests being able to give you multiple portions of EXP.
- Fixed diseases not properly generating.
- Fixed diseases not properly clearing.
- New random generation.
- Reduced Merchant spawn rate.
- Increased disease rate.
- Going below 50% hunger or thirst will drain your health.
- Dungeons are no longer saved in the world file.
- All worlds except Unforgiving worlds are now based on 'death chances':
- Die once: sent back to respawn point.
- Die twice: lose items, exp, etc.
- Die three times: like Unforgiving mode, your world is deleted.
- Hard mode only has two chances: lose items, exp, etc and permadeath.
- Reverted dungeons back to old maze format, temporarily.
- Even more code cleaning!
- NPCs now respawn every 30 seconds.
- Improved NPC AI to comply with the new collision system.
- Folder cleaning.
- Added more NPCs to dungeons.
- Time is now saved in the world data folder.
- Removed F to unlock FPS.
- Randomised the spawn point.
- Added a border around the world.
- Increased the energy regen rate.
- Sound engine no longer loads if music or sound isn't enabled.
- Chests now open (visually) after being used.
- Attacking is now based off energy and health.
- Balanced disease rate a bit more.
- Randomised the Merchant spawn point.
- The Merchant will class you as impolite if you enter a dungeon and will now leave.
- You can now delete worlds until you click the "Play Button" or all your worlds are gone.
- NPCs now drop loot. Stays on the ground for 30 seconds.
- NPCs' attack hits are now based off their health.
- All inventory items are now dropped on your 2nd death.
- Attached the inventory to the player files.
- Items now drop to the ground (and are pickup-able).
- Earthquakes! (1 in a million chance ;3).
- When teleporting out of a dungeon you are teleported to your last position (i.e. outside the hole).
- Walking sound.
- Health bar.
- Holes now teleport you to dungeons.
- EXP bar.
- You now gain 15 EXP per day and 30 EXP per week.
- Very minimal and temporary combat system.
- NPC health bars.
- Dungeon portals to teleport you back home.
- Escape to exit to the main menu whilst not in-game.
- F to hide/show the GUI.
- M to hide/show world info.
~ Added action messages.
~ Fixed inventory.
- More NPC names.
- New seed type: long grass.
- New seed type: cactus.
- New seed type: dead weed.
- New seed type: sandstone.
- Improved the world generator to be more realistic.
- Cut down on world generation time significantly.
Hopefully someone on the Sleepy Team will keep posting updates or at least working on Crawle. If not, stay with us because it'll be worth it once 0.3.0 is released.
Whilst you wait, why not go and join the community to motivate the rest of the team? I'm sure thats all they need in order for them to complete this wonderful patch.