Call of Duty, wildly recognized as one of the greatest World War 2 games, gets a face lift with this sequel. The sequel to Call of Duty, the 2003 Game of the Year and winner of more than 80 awards, Call of Duty 2 offers more immense, more intense, more realistic battles than ever before, thanks to the stunning visuals of the new Call of Duty 2 engine.
A realism sound mod, featuring real recorded gun, explosion, cannon, mortar, rocket, and bullet crack sounds. "Firefight" as I title it, brings you the most immerse experience to what a real firefight would hear and feel like. If you're a person who values realism, and/or enjoys the sound of real warfare, then look no further.
| Firefight - a COD2 Realism Sound Mod |
- Used a technique to "split" the frequencies instead of removing or surpressing them. So the hiss becomes inaudible, but the high end isn't masked, suppressed, or muffled in any kind of way.
- Doing this allows no portion of the sound that just sounds too much or too little. It all flows out naturally. The sounds are more audible and no sound is more audible than another.
- Figured out a way to make the explosions louder without breaking/distorting them. All explosions, cannons, rockets, mortars, flak guns, are noticebly louder but not more audible than the guns.
- Everything else is the same.
- Used the limiter to limit the high frequencies instead of using a noise reduction and it came out even better. The same quality but smoother on the high end, and it sounds better overall.
- Came up with the idea because though I thought it sounded good in COD2, it didn't sound good in some other games I was testing in, so I went back, and decided to do the same for COD2.
- Everything else is the same, just a quality update.
- Went back and reduced the noise reduction to remove only the "hiss" portion of the sounds. Now the detais shine even more, especially in the upper frequencies.
- I've been trying to create and perfect the concept of "Ultra Definition" (a step above high definition) in the past, and this may be it out of coicidence.
- Some gun sounds changed because I thought their real sounds didn't sound powerful enough or blend well with all the other sounds, so I just went back to their previous samples.
- Final version, I hope. Some sounds have been changed to their actual counterpart, instead of sampled from a different gun.
- All the sounds have been carefully re-edited and redone. Now it sounds much more like a real firefight, higher quality, and sound more like they fit the game.
- Added more vesatiltiy to the bullet whizby (supersonic crack) sounds. Probably barely noticeable.
- Explosion sounds have been mixed better with debris compared to previous versions.
- All the sounds have been re-edited and remastered in the highest quality possible.
- All the guns have been once again re-edited, and this time fully remastered in high definition.
- All the guns have been re-edited in higher quality (some one told me they sounded weird, so I fixed that).
- Fixed the echoes on the mounted machine guns, and they have slightly better sounding loops.
- Fixed a couple of weapon bugs in the soundalias (for example the flak gun would play the bren sound, now it plays the flak gun sound).
- All firearm, cannon, mortar, rocket, explosion, and bullet sounds have been changed to authentic real recorded sounds.
- Copy & paste or extract the zzz_soundmod.iwd file into your Activision/Call of Duty 2/main folder
- All sounds were recorded in areas of lots of surroundings, to fit the urban atmosphere of COD2
- DO NOT alter the soundaliases csv files unless you know what you're doing.
- Try with other realism mods to enhance the experience of simulation warfare!
date: March 2017
Real life, Infinity Ward, Realism Enthuiast