Realism. Intensity. Relevance. Temperatures and tempers are rising. Boiling Point: Road to Hell is set in the intense tropical heat of the South American jungle, where players take Saul Meyers, a decorated Legionnaire, way beyond the limit of any man's patience. Saul has reached his point of no return - his life threatened, his family compromised – he’s a desperate man, ready to take matters to the ultimate extreme to protect the life of his daughter, Lisa. Boiling Point offers an exciting gaming experience, delivering play focussed on action and interaction in the first or third person. Set in the South American jungle, the massive gaming world spans 625 square kilometers, bigger than the city of Chicago, and is populated throughout with friend and foe. Asynchronous loading of required resources creates a seamless game world with no levels and no loading times, allowing for the non-linear plot to give the player the chance to choose exactly how they play the game. Guns blazing,...
This update for the US retail edition of Boiling Point fixes a whole bunch of game bugs.
* Occasionally, the game would crash following the attempted load of a save game.
* Occasionally, an NPC would not appear visible though they could be selected an interacted with.
* With the watch out, if the user attempted to bring up the cell phone, the previous weapon would instead appear.
* Under certain conditions, the mission to get the young man accepted by Commandante Ricardo was completed prematurely.
* Occasionally, with 0% technical aptitude, the user's character would succeed at using level 4 weapon upgrades.
* The NPC Simon (in Pueblo Faro), needed for the completion of a mission, would run away and disappear if he was wounded and not killed.
* With the mission to kill the betrayer for Commandante Raul, if the enemies were killed and the user left the area and returned, the enemies would be respawned and could be killed again.
* During the game's final mission objective, if the user's character died in the process of completing the objective, the ending cutscene would play with no graphics visible.
* The options to drive and access the trunk of Taxis were removed.
* The entrance to Don Pedro's villa located at the river was inaccessible due to the game positioning the character in the water when exiting a boat. A ladder was added.
* Occasionally, during the course of gameplay, the character's car would disappear after leaving it somewhere and later returning.
* During the police mission to kill the gang leaders, if the user's character shot at one of the bandits from an elevated position, he would run through mid air.
* The user's character was able to engage enemy civilian NPC's in conversation while they were still shooting at him.
* Occasionally, when answering the cell phone, the message would remain on the screen after the call was completed.
* There existed a location in Puerto Sombra where a car could get stuck.
* The police station in Puerto Sombra could be destroyed with a single crossbow bolt.
* The main menu behaved unpredictably if the user pressed escape while the menus were transitioning from one to another.
* Grenades thrown at cars would have no effect on their drivers.
* In the mission to destroy the government planes for Mr. Botanist, the user's character was not given enough missiles to destroy all the necessary planes.
* If the mission to persuade the suicide jumper to not jump was failed, the mission remained on the objectives list.
* In the government mission to destroy the mafia transport helicopters, if the user's character died in the helicopter, the mission could not be repeated.
* It was impossible to drop less than the entire quantity of any item that was stacked.
* Debug information appeared when holding the = key.
* Text messages do not remain on screen after a phone call
* Enemy declaration messages are now opportunely displayed
* Hint messages are displayed on time.
* CIA Faction missions are no longer rewarded when not accomplished by Saul
* Suicide guy mission: Once Saul fails this mission, it disappears from the mission list
* Minor problems which caused missions to become impossible to finish have been fixed.
* Graphical issues during the character's death animation scene or NPC animation in cities have been fixed
* Minor sound issues such as voiceover looping are fixed
* Minor camera issues which were noticed during the test have been fixed
* Problem of user's car disappearing have been fixed
* Problem of user's car remaining stuck in the environment or which location wsa not properly displayed on the minimap are solved.
* Options properly display for the taxi missions
* Localization mismatch issues have been fixed
* Police station cannot be destroyed by a crossbow anymore
* When Saul drops one item, only this item disappears from his inventory
* Some rare crashes were noticed throughout the game, and epically when loading quick saves. This has been fixed.
* NPC's behavior has been improved in this patch