BioShock is a shooter unlike any you've ever played, loaded with weapons and tactics never seen. You'll have a complete arsenal at your disposal from simple revolvers to grenade launchers and chemical throwers, but you'll also be forced to genetically modify your DNA to create an even more deadly weapon: you. Injectable plasmids give you super human powers: blast electrical currents into water to electrocute multiple enemies, or freeze them solid and obliterate them with the swing of a wrench.
This is my Bioshock mod. Its focus is on increasing the game's lackluster difficulty and balancing the different possible routes of gameplay. Be prepared, this mod is much more difficult than Bioshock 1.1. Updated the 13th of February, 2009 to correct typos in the change log.
Currently in it's 5th iteration, this mod addresses the following issues:
- Plasmid and ADAM costs, by increasing costs at Gatherer's Gardens
- Economy, by decreasing their drop rates of Ammo/cash/hypo's/components and increasing purchase prices.
- Hacking, by increasing the flow speed, increasing it's rewards, and strengthening security.
- Security, by increasing bot/turret/camera health, increasing security reaction time and increasing security's offensive power.
- AI, by tweaking various AI movements, implementing localized damage, increasing health and damage.
- Weapons, by increasing damage of underpowered weapons, decreasing damage of underpowered weapons, and addressing ammo concerns.
- Various bugfixes, including several brought about by the 1.1 patch.
- Bioshock with the 1.1 patch.
Since www.moddb.com will not allow me to post more than 10,000 characters for a description, I cannot post the changelog. HOWEVER, you can view it on any of the following forums and/or within the zip file of the mod itself.