Band of Drones keeps the basic mechanics of traditional turn based squad tactics gameplay and goes beyond it with character and weapons development.
Join the fight for the underground riches of planet Crixius! The Zentris have already placed their drones around several locations, you need to infiltrate their outposts and kick them out of there!
- Command a squad of 6 different drones, each with unique powers and specifications.
- Evolve your drones along your campaign, purchasing upgrades to their powers and weapon handling capabilities.
- Purchase new weapons and upgrade the ones you have, from a selection of cannons and missile launchers.
- Get mods for your weapons to improve their performance.
- Different mission goals such as assassination, resource recovery, militar escorting and more.
- Create your own levels/missions with the included level editor.
- Non-linear single player campaign (with story), spawning 20 missions over 4 scenarios.
- Multiplayer mode, play as Alien or Human in up to 4 player battles online
Feedback is welcome, please let us know what you think!
Here's the new gameplay trailer. This shows up the garden level and the unit development screens.
Here's a shot with the message box at the corner with an incoming Alien message. I think this adds some interesting bits of story during gameplay.
Also note the new foreground wall blocks. It does mean a bit more work when building a level, but it adds a lot in visual terms.
In the meantime, BoD is now up for voting on Steam Greenlight. Please check it out and upvote if you have Steam: Steamcommunity.com.
Latest tweets from @kiritsugames
Status update: Been working hard on structuring mod support, so it will be as easy as possible to cre... T.co
Feb 17 2013, 9:06pm
BoD website goes live! You'll get some more info on the background story and universe setting. T.co
Dec 18 2012, 12:00pm
Dec 16 2012, 10:17pm
BoD at Indie Game Mag: T.co
Dec 11 2012, 4:44pm
And BoD is up on Steam Greenlight, check out the new gameplay trailer and screenshots: T.co
Dec 9 2012, 12:14am
Band of Drones, new screenshots and page up at indieDB T.co
Nov 25 2012, 1:24pm
Convince Dino to kickstart new Kick Off and Player Manager T.co
Apr 18 2012, 5:26pm
@cliffski One of these days, you should apply to a patent for the use of the word gratuitous in games and become a patent troll ;)
Jan 4 2012, 7:06am