What is in this version - New graphical user interfaces (UI's) thanks to Phatfish - New techtrees - New civs - New Unit icons - New unit rosters - Land...
Age of Empires is an epic real-time strategy game spanning 10,000 years, in which players are the guiding spirit in the evolution of small stone age tribes. Starting with minimal resources, players are challenged to build their tribes into great civilizations.Gamers can choose from one of several ways to win the game, including: world domination by conquering enemy civilizations, exploration of the known world and economic victory through the accumulation of wealth. Age of Empires was developed by Ensemble Studios and features the expertise of Bruce Shelley, co-designer of the hit strategy game Civilization.
UPatch is unofficial update (user patch) for Age of Empires: The Rise of Rome, which includes custom resolutions (up to 1920x1200), over 150 bug fixes, new gameplay options and other enhancements. The Beta version is intended for testing and reporting problems, but it is fully functional and has most of the features of 1.1. For more detailed information about the changes, visit the forum thread.
Beta2 comes with a lot of new features and improvements.
- UPatch now supports German, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian!
- Windowed Mode: it allows you to play the game in a window.
- New Path Finding option: "Very High" is now default.
- New Starting Resource option added - "Low": 150 Food, 150 Wood, 0 Stone, 0 Gold.
- "High" starting resource option changed: 1000 Food, 1000 Wood, 500 Gold, 500 Stone.
- Improved mini map colors.
- Prey animals and Berry Bushes are now visible on mini map (as light green dots).
- Random Maps: increased Gold/Stone and many other improvements.
- All archers have 7% slower reload.
- Chariot Archers -10 HP (now 60, instead of 70).
- Babylonians, Assyrians and Shang get Heavy Transports.
- Some other civilization/unit balance changes.
- A lot of new bug fixes and improvements (small example below).
The full changelog is posted here.
This is most likely the last Beta, the final version is expected to be ready before the end of 2014 (depends on my free time). Please test and report any problems, so I can fix them before the final.