If you've been following our news page, you know we have been working on making some changes to the VR Missions. Today we are happy to announce that the new update is finally here and has been released on Indiegamestand.
Check it out here: Bit.ly
In this update we have added some new features. One is the central hub, which allows you to pick and choose which mission training session you'd like to play through. This will allow for more freedom and ease of access. We also have updated our voice acting for Sya and Amber. So keep an ear out! This section will slightly change over the course of the next week
Here's a full list of added features, bug fixes and known issues:
Patch Notes v0.2
Major overhaul on the VR missions
- New color palette
- Added a new central HUB
- Updated tutorial dialogue ( Better Audio Cues added in par with the redesign)
- Added a Cool down to sprint
- Added a cool down to Rolling so you can no longer glitch them
- Disabled Ambers movement while picking up bodies with Z
- Fixed the FOV glitch that broke the rotation of Ambers camera when shot rolling or vaulting
- Updated the kismet in a few sections so you can't fall out of the map boundaries (Better Collision Volume toggling)
- Added new Holograms for entrances and exits.
- Also added a hologram that will display any new upcoming gameplay feature
- *Added Starting and Ending Zones to all VR levels
- Ammo Boxes added for resupplies touching them will give you ammo
- Fixed the AI Crashing the Engine when entering Hunting
- Optimized the Player Map and shrunk its size (Still not final)
- Nerfed Amber Health to 200
- Readjusted the Weapon damages to more realistic figures
- Added in a Recoil System for Visual feedback in both 1P and 3P
- Added the Shotgun,Sniper,SMG and final Rifle version.
- Added in the Specialist , Sniper and Officer Class. Specialist is a CQB expert and dangerous in close range, Sniper can scale walls and is deadly accurate and the Officer Buffs nearby units in their reaction time and various stats)
- Added in More Aim Node Profiles to fix the Head Clipping to some degree it will happen for a few more weeks at most.
- Removed the Sound AI made when turning or moving from Route to Route on Partols plus their T pose issue on occasion.
- Fixed An issue where the AI failed to Take Damage correctly
- Rewrote the Hit Detection system (Head shots actually work)
- Minor Edits to the Cover System implemented but not final yet hit Q to test it in-game.
- Adjusted Ambers Stun tables so she isn't affected as often
- Unlocked Movement again in Rolling
- Added Early Bleeding System for AI where when shot they will now leave blood splashes on nearby walls if close enough and leave a pool when killed
- Abolished Path Nodes and merged into Navigation Mesh based movement for AI
- 1P Placeholder Animations updated so its a bit appealing. We'll be focusing on this more in depth soon and replacing and/or updating all the current ones
- 3P Hip Fire System - Strafe system
- A few blend fixes between states
More Updates Coming soon Animation related
- Added in the Action Stage Music
- Added in Evasion Stage Placeholder music
- Overall Music volumes lowered again , will be finalized hopefully in next patch
Sound FX Additions
- Sprinting and Walking Effects fixed for Soldiers and Amber
- Changing Stances Between Crouching and Proning
- Pick up weapon
- Dropping Weapon
- Foot steps
- New gun sounds for all weapons
- Grabbing Ammo
- Switching Between 1P and 3P
- Weapon Put Down
- Various changes to Sya and her lines(give more of a role in the VR)
- Dolphin Diving
- Iron sighting
*In Certain cases its possible to cause Dead soldiers to talk or Sya to talk over-herself. This will be addressed in hot-fixes over the following weeks.
* In Certain cases the soldiers will talk as if they are previously engaged in Combat or seen you this needs to be removed in later builds and improved upon.(As with add more voice variants)
*1P still requires a revamp before we feel more confident this is an incremental update so you can see our progress over the past month. Many things attributed to the weapons still need tweaking . Some reloads are missing
* In Certain Cases you can get Amber to clip through meshes (head) this is a known minor issue and was a result of shrinking amber collision box. Which made it very easy to be detected in previous builds.
* Execution Rotations can be broken at odd angles we know about this issue and will be resolving it along with the 1P in an update targeted just for the two.
So that's it for now! If you want to get in on the discussion and connect with other fans, check out the steam discussion group here: Bit.ly