Forum Thread
by member
  Posts  
Stealed (Forums : Tech Support : Stealed) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
Apr 13 2013, 6:51pm Anchor

I writing here, because impossible to get fast answer/help from moderators here..

I wrote author also, but he are too stupid to understand me..

My mod: www.moddb.com/mods/real-theft-auto/downloads/real-theft-auto-2 was stealed and uplouded here by Lyemboun. 

So delete it!

I'm the real author: imageshack.us/a/img546/7869/screenshot001by.jpg

If you don't believe me, I can make screenshots of my unfinished project files also or something another.. 

I very hope this stealer not acquitted.

Edited by: neturiu@gmail.com

Henley
Henley the sun never sets on the eternally cool
Apr 14 2013, 8:18pm Anchor

You mean aside from the fact he has given credit to yourself and the other developers? He is not claiming he made the work.

--

Apr 15 2013, 2:55pm Anchor
Henley wrote:He is not claiming he made the work.

Oh really? :http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/4580/screenshot001xm.jpg

He given credit after my pm's for him only! Before it, there no was something like that!

Fact is that he uplouded my work without my permission, there I gave a lot of time to make it this project. And one bastard just stealed it! Do you understand how it fucks that?
I wanna that this stealed my mod would be deleted from this site. So, if you respect authors here at least a little, just delete it.

Edited by: neturiu@gmail.com

Apr 15 2013, 3:09pm Anchor

No offense pal, but if you want help, barely coherent rambling with foul language mixed in isn't going to make people likely to give it.

--

I snark, therefore, I am.

User Posted Image
The reason behind this banner will be revealed in due time....

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Apr 15 2013, 6:39pm Anchor
Henley wrote:You mean aside from the fact he has given credit to yourself and the other developers? He is not claiming he made the work.

He does speak about "my mod" in the comments. It seems like a lot of work and dedication went into this, and I can understand that SlimThug is angry. No idea how that other guy got the mod and uploaded it, but if SlimThug did most of the work on this project, he should be given proper credit. This other guy deserves a ban, imho.

It's not only not nice to upload someone else's work, it sucks to talk about it as if it was his own. It's always tempting to steal, but it has to be punished.

--

User Posted Image

Henley
Henley the sun never sets on the eternally cool
Apr 15 2013, 7:34pm Anchor

OK can you prove that this is your work. From what I can gather it is simply a mod pack consisting of other peoples work. Also who is this other member? From what I can tell he has given credit in all the right places.

--

TKAzA
TKAzA Community Manager
Apr 15 2013, 8:25pm Anchor

credit does not constitute permission, if the author is unhappy his work is posted if he can prove its his the author, the uploader needs to remove the files and re upload the mod without them, its the law :S

now in this case its a simple disagreement, if its taken to court of course we will have to abide, but thats not to say we wont help you, see my pm and we can discuss further.

Edited by: TKAzA

Apr 15 2013, 9:40pm Anchor

I'm not sure if what I'm seeing is correct, but the download slimthug linked to is "realtheftauto.rar", that contains  "[kat.ph]gta.san.andreas.2013.by.slimthug.torrent" and "mymod.rar". 

"mymod.rar" contains "enbseries.ini", "enbseries.bmp" and "d3d9.dll".  The torrent seems to be to a pirated copy of the game with the mod already installed?.

What exactly is this mod?  I did a yahoo search for "realtheftauto slimthug" and it looks like a compilation of mods plus some of his own work (from a description on a torrent site I found).  I haven't found it on any download sites, all torrent links.  If the mod is the torrent link then I'm not seeing why the torrent link can't be posted (besides the fact it looks like it's a pirated copy of the game too).

--

Go play some Quake 2: q2server.fuzzylogicinc.com
It's like Source v0.9, only... better!
Play Paintball for Doom 3!: d3server.fuzzylogicinc.com
Doom 3 Paintball to the Max!

Henley
Henley the sun never sets on the eternally cool
Apr 15 2013, 10:38pm Anchor
TheHappyFriar wrote:I'm not sure if what I'm seeing is correct, but the download slimthug linked to is "realtheftauto.rar", that contains  "[kat.ph]gta.san.andreas.2013.by.slimthug.torrent" and "mymod.rar". 

"mymod.rar" contains "enbseries.ini", "enbseries.bmp" and "d3d9.dll".  The torrent seems to be to a pirated copy of the game with the mod already installed?.

What exactly is this mod?  I did a yahoo search for "realtheftauto slimthug" and it looks like a compilation of mods plus some of his own work (from a description on a torrent site I found).  I haven't found it on any download sites, all torrent links.  If the mod is the torrent link then I'm not seeing why the torrent link can't be posted (besides the fact it looks like it's a pirated copy of the game too).


That is what I am seeing. GTA mods are notorious for using other assets from other mods and games, let alone packaging the official game with the mod to play as a standalone.

--

Apr 16 2013, 1:30pm Anchor

Ok people, I dunno what a prove you want, so just tell me that. And I did it.A simple prove is: that I'm released first 2012 vip version here (uploader nick SlimThug): torentai.lt/details.php?id=34722&highlight=gta
After upload (for people request) I created youtube acc, and maked this gameplay: www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJp4Tt5dUXw  to show my mod.
The first mod upload date: 2012.02.20, first gameplay: 2012.02.25.
I assure first uploud was 12.02.20 you can to chech that on the inthernet.
BTW at this moment I fixing some bugs and I gave dl link soon (you can see that in my youtube acc).
I can take the photos of the unfinished files or what you want..
Sorry for gramatical mistakes.. :D

Henley
Henley the sun never sets on the eternally cool
Apr 16 2013, 7:58pm Anchor

Who is the member who uploaded the work.

--

Apr 16 2013, 9:46pm Anchor

I don't believe anything was stolen.  It's a torrent file that is downloaded and that downloads the torrent.  That mod is all over torrent sites.  The mod isn't uploaded on moddb, it's just linked from here.

--

Go play some Quake 2: q2server.fuzzylogicinc.com
It's like Source v0.9, only... better!
Play Paintball for Doom 3!: d3server.fuzzylogicinc.com
Doom 3 Paintball to the Max!

Apr 17 2013, 12:12pm Anchor
Henley wrote:Who is the member who uploaded the work.

Lyemboun.
lol.. TheHappyFriar, I said tell me that you wanna and I did it to aprove, omg..
Yes its a torrent link, but its not mine, its re-uplouded (stolen also). First 2013 mod uploud was on the kickasstorrents, but I'm deleted it, because need to fix it something.

God, this discussion so fucked up.. I wanna to prove that this mod is mine, but you just kiding of me ;( 

Tell me finally what a prove you want.. Wanna look my files with teamviewer? Come into my home and you will see all my gta folders and files..
''it's just linked from here.'' Waht difference, the mod is here or not?! Thats anyway stealed and I wanna that file would be deleted from here! Into my file is just included that stealer ENB and uplouded here as him mod!!! How you don't understand?

There is some screenshots and in all of them are my nick. Also I can make it more, there only I know there is wroted my nick.

Imageshack.us , Imageshack.us , Imageshack.us , Imageshack.us
And one with full torrent description text file: 

Imageshack.us
Also I have all used editing tools: sounds, handling and etc.
I dunno how I can to prove another.. :/

Edited by: neturiu@gmail.com

Apr 17 2013, 1:09pm Anchor

You use a STOLEN game to distribute your mod, the other guy stole NOTHING.  It's a link to a STOLEN game with your mod that you claim is not a torrent you authorize, but YOU are the THIEF to begin with.

Good for you, you have PROOF you illegally distribute a game to get people to play your mod.  You also have proof that you stole OTHER modders work to put in your mod (right in the text file image you posted).

It should be taken down because it's pirating a game, nothing more.  Nobody isn't saying you didn't package and distribute the game illegally, take others work illegally or that it shouldn't be taken down if you don't want it here.  Since it's a mod and you want people to download it (you put it online after all), the only reason I'd assume you don't want it on the site is then it would get enough exposure to warrant Rockstar to go after you for blatant piracy.

--

Go play some Quake 2: q2server.fuzzylogicinc.com
It's like Source v0.9, only... better!
Play Paintball for Doom 3!: d3server.fuzzylogicinc.com
Doom 3 Paintball to the Max!

Apr 17 2013, 1:16pm Anchor

So it means that now I'm a stealer? xD
What the fucking bullshit.. Thats my fucking work!!! My edited mods, my screenshots, my settings and etc.. 
ITS MEANS THAT IS THE MAIN PROJECT!!! And its uplouded here without my permission!
And I have all the rights to it, and to claim that the file would be deleted from here!
BTW we talking about my mod, not the fucking piracy. So no offtopic pls.

TKAzA
TKAzA Community Manager
Apr 17 2013, 4:56pm Anchor

Piracy overlaps your claim to works that are not your own, its the law.

Apr 18 2013, 1:41pm Anchor

So if I had modded the pirated game, all can to steal my work?
What a stupid people you're , thx for nothing..
I hope your work will be stolen also, then maybe you will feel, how it fucks..

Apr 18 2013, 2:30pm Anchor

Maybe if you hadn't stolen the game you modded in the first place, this situation wouldn't have happened. Crime doesn't pay and all that. Next time, work legitimately or not all.

--

I snark, therefore, I am.

User Posted Image
The reason behind this banner will be revealed in due time....

Henley
Henley the sun never sets on the eternally cool
Apr 18 2013, 8:58pm Anchor
SlimThug wrote:So if I had modded the pirated game, all can to steal my work?
What a stupid people you're , thx for nothing..
I hope your work will be stolen also, then maybe you will feel, how it fucks..

Simply put unless you have written permission to use the assets from both the modders and the games in question you cannot complain about your work being distributed. It comes with the territory of using other peoples work. Collaboration is one thing but outright theft of assets is another. Please keep this in mind when you think about the release of your work.

I will remove the work in question only because of the fact it contains the original game. We do not support liberal use of other modders hard work (regardless of how much work you yourself put into the project). If you want your work to standalone from the pack then do what all good modders will do. Ask for permission, remove assets you are not allowed to distribute or bundle and release the mod correctly. 

You are not the first and you certainly will not be the last GTA modder to fall into this trap but it pays to be right about your own mods.

--

Apr 21 2013, 5:08am Anchor

I dunno who deleted it, but very thx :)

Apr 21 2013, 12:52pm Anchor

You didn't listen to a word any of us said, did you?

--

I snark, therefore, I am.

User Posted Image
The reason behind this banner will be revealed in due time....

Henley
Henley the sun never sets on the eternally cool
Apr 21 2013, 10:38pm Anchor
TerranAmbassador wrote:You didn't listen to a word any of us said, did you?

If he did he would know who deleted the mod.

--

Apr 26 2013, 6:37am Anchor

Moderators what you doing here?
I uploaded mod some days ago, but its still not aproved, what the fuck?!
Itsi so hard to check it, and said whats wrong or something?
BTW pls delete this topic.

Apr 26 2013, 6:49am Anchor

Naw, send it to the FBI, along with the IP log.

Edit me out tho >_>

Edited by: somonels

Apr 26 2013, 6:59am Anchor

somonels,
Get out of here idiot. Your sarcasm
absolutely not funny...

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.