Forum Thread
Max 09 - Noob Tutorials (Forums : 3D Modeling & Animating : Max 09 - Noob Tutorials) Locked
Thread Options
KOM
KOM
Jan 20 2009 Anchor

So I'm going to have a go at modeling. Anyone know any good noob sites that could help me out? I love video tutorials :P but text tutorials are kool too.

sigh...

Jan 22 2009 Anchor

Mostly noeseis-interactive has some free videos, though they're in the business of selling video tuts for Source.

And this website has a free mixed bag of tuts broken down by software: Tutorialized.com
See the 3D section.

And also: 3d-tutorial.com

Edited by: GoodieStake

KOM
KOM
Jan 22 2009 Anchor

Yea I have done some of them and the sculpture-ref Avpgold2.com <- My 1st model if you want to call it that lol. Thanks for the input guys I'll have a look at them sites

Edited by: KOM

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Jan 23 2009 Anchor

Why is everybody so hateful of Msx 3Ds? Is it just the price tag, or do you have any other reason why you would rather pickup a free tool? The only thing that comes to mind is Blender and I still think Blender needs its interface fixed, unless it really changed a lot during the past 2 years.

It's really difficult to use anything else again, but is Max not the best choice for industrial design? Sure, you can do anything with it, but certain software seems better for certain tasks. XSI, for example, I often hear mentioned when talk is about animation and creating content for Source Engine. Any choice is fine, try to make Fed-Ex Box-Vans, before you try making a human. If you want to create a human for ingame-use, go buy yourself a Gnomon Tutorial about character modeling for production. There are several great tutorials available on that and they don't cost the world.

--

User Posted Image

Henley
Henley the sun never sets on the eternally cool
Jan 23 2009 Anchor

DeathCaller wrote: Yes it is the price tag.

If he has 3ds max don't bother getting anything else. I love 3ds max, but I find it difficult to work with XSI or blender or whatever other package I find.
Mainly because I don't want to learn how to do something in the other packages because it works just fine in 3ds max.

Pick one and stick with it if you are a beginner.

the thing is you would never purchase 3DS Max if you didnt know how to use it. Because its a shitton of money to use on something you wont know how to use.

--

Feb 2 2009 Anchor

Have you tried the stock tutorials that come with Max? I found that those were actually really helpful (especially the chess set one, when I first started).

M@ty
M@ty Environment Artist - TFU
Feb 3 2009 Anchor

You'll find lots right here on ModDB.

Youtube has a surprising amount too!

Feb 9 2009 Anchor

3dtotal.com

Edit: Okay, so maybe that tutorial was made using Max 5-6, but it still works fine with the current Max versions.

Edited by: Damaera

SinKing
SinKing bumps me thread
Feb 10 2009 Anchor

jerrif wrote: Have you tried the stock tutorials that come with Max? I found that those were actually really helpful (especially the chess set one, when I first started).

In case the tutorials don't work in your instal, or you cannot find them. Here is an e-paper version:

Scribd.com

I stopped at the human model and kinda got pissed off, but you might have true aspirations as modeler, wheras I was only trying to figure out some basics.

--

User Posted Image

Feb 12 2009 Anchor

Thanks, I am def a noob and this will help me out a lot :P

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.