Forum Thread
First 2 news articles denied and archived? why? (Forums : Development Banter : First 2 news articles denied and archived? why?) Locked
Thread Options
Jul 26 2014 Anchor

Greets!

Just finished our game a couple weeks ago, came here and posted the first couple of articles to debut gameplay and trailer, but both of the articles were just archived and never posted.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Here are the articles:
Indiedb.com
Indiedb.com

Regards!
Zorn

Jul 26 2014 Anchor

As I see today many persons have this same problem. It must be some error in IndieDB database.

ChrisBryant
ChrisBryant Level Designer Type Thing
Jul 26 2014 Anchor

"Archived" doesn't mean "wasn't posted." They were posted, they just didn't make front page.

If I had to guess, it might be that your articles didn't really have anything of merit besides, "Hey, check out this video," in which case just uploading the video to your media would probably be the best course of action.

Edited by: ChrisBryant

Jul 26 2014 Anchor

yeah so crazy, I've worked half a year to produce those things, it's so sad for me to see them go into oblivion since this is the first site I post updates on. Weird that such an extreme piece of art is archived as "not news", even though it was news to begin with. I learned long ago not to post min updates, but I really really really thought, good god, no one has ever seen any of these videos, the first site that would release them is indiedb.com... considering I'm nothing more than an indie developer, but even after alll the work onthe trailer and gameplay video, they don't even make front page indiedb news? I"m not in any way saying it is newsworthy, but I have had many games with much less content, I chose to not release this time until I release on IndieDB.com, but all I get is "nothing", they won't even post my 30 days of trailer making over the news article that the "next random game maker is going to add random coal to their game". That is so crazy, considering all the work I put into the trailers and videos. I thought I learned, but I admit, there is still more for me to learn, since I spent so much time before releasing this information, they just pass it off as random game videos... this is the only thing I have to show, since I've already released 4 games on desura and released tons of articles, I honestly thought that if I sat back without anyone in the world knowing what we do, we willl be quiet, and we will release our videos here first. .... no, what we get is.... our videos are sent into archive oblivion.

Jul 26 2014 Anchor

Compare what you posted to the three newest news links on the front page of indiedb. Your news doesn't explain what the game is, what's going on, what's in the videos. You don't even put the two videos in the same news post.

Put all that together and odds are you'll get on the front page.

--

Go play some Quake 2: q2server.fuzzylogicinc.com
It's like Source v0.9, only... better!
Play Paintball for Doom 3!: d3server.fuzzylogicinc.com
Doom 3 Paintball to the Max!

Jul 26 2014 Anchor

you guys are right, 2 year ago, i gave up on indiedb.com, i posted article after article, I' have just lost my touch. I i\will remake those articles and hopefully end up on the news page. I'm so old, i have gray hair in my beards, it's hard for me to accept the facts.

ChrisBryant
ChrisBryant Level Designer Type Thing
Jul 27 2014 Anchor

Use your articles for info! Give some info, or some updates, or something to go along with your videos or screenshots, that'll help.

Jul 27 2014 Anchor

ZorNiFieD wrote: Greets!

Just finished our game a couple weeks ago, came here and posted the first couple of articles to debut gameplay and trailer, but both of the articles were just archived and never posted.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Here are the articles:
Indiedb.com
Indiedb.com

Regards!
Zorn

TheHappyFriar wrote: Compare what you posted to the three newest news links on the front page of indiedb. Your news doesn't explain what the game is, what's going on, what's in the videos. You don't even put the two videos in the same news post.

Put all that together and odds are you'll get on the front page.

Hello

Have a look at my news guide, but what THF said sums it up nicely.
Indiedb.com

Basically a video with a line of text is not enough content to get on the front page.

Have a look at the example articles, the more media the better and the more information to describe what your showcasing is better still.

Jul 28 2014 Anchor

I will echo what is in this thread. Your articles are links to a video - it's not an article.

Why not write an article around it, summarising the video, what went into it, where the project is going now and attach the video at the end?

--

Hierarchy - Upcoming RTS/Strategy/Survival/RPG
HIERARCHY

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.