Forum Thread
Final Fantasy 7 re-make mod (Forums : Ideas & Concepts : Final Fantasy 7 re-make mod) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4
Mar 3 2004 Anchor

hay im a modeler, ive had this idea in my head for some time, but never found the means to impliment it. so here it is.

would anyone like to remake final fantasy 7? i mean, keep the origional storyline, characters, and monsters and all the locations. but completely redo all the graphics textures, fX etc. to make it look as stunning as FFX?

just wandering i anyone would give it a go, and any suggestions on an engine too... im currently moddeling the main characters as i type.

--

User Posted Image

Wilhelm_III
Wilhelm_III Who the hell do I think I am?
Mar 3 2004 Anchor

You can type and model at the same time!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?! You are truely skilled. :tired: Any way, I like teh Idea. I am, working on my own mod an am unfortunatly, unable to help you. Sorry. Bully idea though. You're keeping it an RPG right?

SkitZaY
SkitZaY u mad
Mar 3 2004 Anchor

... Thats gonig to be a huge ass mod.. :S And what will you be needing.. Like coding people, Modellers, Texture artists etc.. Also what Engine...?? :D

--

uwu

Mar 3 2004 Anchor

copyrights?

Mar 3 2004 Anchor

haha well i guess i need everything at the moment, all i can do is model. im sure i could learn the other stuff tho lol..

yes it would still be an rpg, it would have EXACTLY the same rpg qualities as the origional

and as for size, i guess it could be made in chapters ie. midgar. midgar-the ship(cant remember the city name lol), the ship-cosmo canyon. and so forth, and release it as those chapters until its done

--

User Posted Image

Mar 3 2004 Anchor

what about copyrights? i doubt esf have got permission from funimation or whoever owns the rights now. the same would probably go for trigun having rights to each character in the LOTR series.

--

User Posted Image

SkitZaY
SkitZaY u mad
Mar 3 2004 Anchor

Actually i asked fro Copyright permission. if you dont you can get in serious trouble :S ad i also think esf did too im not sure.. but anyways theres an edit button at the bottom of your posts :D use it ;)

--

uwu

Mar 3 2004 Anchor

haha my bad sorry :P iwill in future!

esf dont, for the same reason that bfp dont

--

User Posted Image

Mar 4 2004 Anchor

ack another double post!!! i think the best engine to make this mod on would either be quake3 or unreal. depending of course on whether coders think thats a good idea or not, i really dont know anything about coding and engines:S all i do is model.

i need

a good coder, maybe two
at least 1 modeler
a mapper
a texture or skin artist, preferably both.

--

User Posted Image

SkitZaY
SkitZaY u mad
Mar 4 2004 Anchor

NO WAY QUAKE!!! it is too old and unreal tournament, unreal or unreal tournament 2k3/4.

AND presonally i would say FAR CRY!! FAR CRY!!! :D

--

uwu

Mar 4 2004 Anchor

haha...if u are willing to work with the ffar cry engine then thats kick ass...but arent u busy? i tell u what, how about ill help ur mod if u help mine ;)
heres a render of my cloud work in progress model:)
User Posted Image

--

User Posted Image

SkitZaY
SkitZaY u mad
Mar 4 2004 Anchor

Woa nicely doen. Aiight we help eachother.. pm me or add me at msn milo_in_a_can33@hotmail.com :D brb walking dog..

--

uwu

a_llama
a_llama Teh moddb llama
Mar 4 2004 Anchor

Sounds like a crap idea to me.

Why not just play FF7? Instead of a mod that will no doubt be worse anyway?

Copyrights would also be an issue.

SkitZaY
SkitZaY u mad
Mar 4 2004 Anchor

Wee a_llama you are correct about copyright.. but ff7 lacked graphics and a multiplayer although it had wonderful graphics

/me shakes fist at the uber intelligent boy genius :P

--

uwu

chis
chis Old man.
Mar 4 2004 Anchor

FF7 remake = bad idea

models = noice ;)

--

Nothing.

a_llama
a_llama Teh moddb llama
Mar 4 2004 Anchor

Multiplayer mod based on FF7, now THAT is a good idea.

But i don't mean "Deathmatch with cloud and tifa models", i mean like using the battle system and everything :D

frosty-theaussie
frosty-theaussie Sonny Jim
Mar 4 2004 Anchor

hay im a modeler, ive had this idea in my head for some time, but never found the means to impliment it. so here it is.

You had a four-word idea in your head for "some time"? Wow, that must've taken a lot of skill to remember. O_o

--

User Posted Image

Wilhelm_III
Wilhelm_III Who the hell do I think I am?
Mar 4 2004 Anchor

No need to pick on the poor sap! I thought it was a bully idea.

chis
chis Old man.
Mar 4 2004 Anchor

bully idea... heh :P

--

Nothing.

frosty-theaussie
frosty-theaussie Sonny Jim
Mar 4 2004 Anchor

Sorry Wilhelm. I'll never do it again

*me holds holds crossed fingers behind back and whispers...

In the next two minutes

--

User Posted Image

Mar 4 2004 Anchor

translation to american?

SkitZaY
SkitZaY u mad
Mar 5 2004 Anchor

lol @ frosty_theaussie.

A_llama: You half right half wrong :\. Those characters were well made out to fit the game.. But in a home made mod.. It might not fit in just aswell.. Butthe battlesystem. It is good both ways. But making all effects all magic skills etc will take a long time so i wouldnt advise to do it on half life engine because it will go out of fashion. :)

--

uwu

Mar 5 2004 Anchor

so...u guys like the idea?

--

User Posted Image

Mar 7 2004 Anchor

any way to use ffxi to mod it?

Mar 7 2004 Anchor

dunno, im not a coder...

--

User Posted Image

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.