Forum Thread
Duke Nukem Fallout 3 Models and Textures (Forums : 3D Modeling & Animating : Duke Nukem Fallout 3 Models and Textures) Locked
Thread Options
Oct 3 2009 Anchor

Hey all,

First off I just want to say I love the work you all do. I wish I had one iota of your talent, but alas I don't which is why I'm here. I'm looking to create a Fallout 3 Duke Nukem Player Character.

RMF3 Brawler Body Resource (available on FO3Nexus) is an already completed Duke-like muscular body replacer pack for Fallout 3. I've playtested it and it has potential (even if it is a little pale) but sadly there aren't any outfits available for use with that body. I was hoping one of you talented people would please help by creating a Duke Nukem outfit for use with that body, consisting of the red wife-beater/tank-top, jeans, boots, harness/webbing, Duke's sunglasses and fingerless gloves. I tried to attach some unofficially released Duke Nukem Forever images (including Zbrush versions of the harness, jeans, body etc.) but because of forum anti-spam regulations I am unable to do so for another six days. To view them I advise you to type "ZbrushHarness", "ZbrushDukePants" and "ZbrushDukeBody" into Google Image Search. Alternatively, check out my thread "Duke Nukem" over at the Fallout 3 Modification Requests section of the Nexus Forums, or download the Duke Nukem Forever Unofficial Media pack. Apologies for any inconvenience, I'll put the links up once this period has expired.

It's also pretty tough to create a decent square-jawed Duke-like face, even with the GECK (or at least, I find it hard). I'm much more concerned with the outfit, but if someone was feeling generous enough to recreate Duke's head/face/hair for FO3, that'd also be much appreciated. Even a really good likeness GECK preset would be a big help.

If you have any further questions, please ask. Now that DNF is no more, I'm sure I'm not the only one who likes the idea of running around the wasteland minigunning mutants as Duke.

Thanks in advance to any who respond.

Edited by (in order): SixGunLover, TKAzA

Oct 12 2009 Anchor

dude try the FO3 nexus forums, or bethesda forums, they are dedicated to fallout 3, someone there would do your request

Oct 12 2009 Anchor

Fixed post

Oct 12 2009 Anchor

have you tried making the face in FaceGen and importing into Fallout 3? that might work, this trick worked all the time in Oblivion when people wanted better looking faces compared to what the game was able to dish out. Bethesda are notorious for limiting their third party APIs to the point where they just seem completely wasted in their games, so I consider facegen a must if you want anything outside of the stock standard crummy templates they usually give you- I've worked in FaceGen before and its a lot lot better than the in-game equivalent.

Try to make it yourself (you can use photos of Duke, facegen will Auto Model it based on the photos you give it, you just need Left and Front images for perspective.) then import it, there should be some guides on Nexus either in the Fallout 3 section or the Oblivion section, but I'm pretty sure the method is the same for both.

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Oct 12 2009 Anchor

DNF also isn't 'no more' - it's being handled by someone else now, along with the supposed sequel that's been kept fairly hush.

Nov 3 2009 Anchor

Thanks for the replies - my apologies for taking so long to respond.

revengous - have done, and I've managed to help get the wheels rolling on a project entitled "Duke Nukem Fallever", which can be found here:
Fallout3nexus.com

Sadly, the creator of the mod is working alone and in need of help - if any of you are interested, get in touch with him.

TKAzA - thanks for fixing the post.

Mr_Cyberpunk - Thanks for your suggestion, I gave this a go and had some decent results. I've managed to come up with a decent Duke Nukem face. The trouble is, I still require some Duke-like outfits/clothes etc to go with the RMF3 Brawler body type - it's the closest analogy to Duke's body (the default FO3 build and other body replacer packs are far too thin for Duke). I suggest that if anyone out there is generous enough to come up with this stuff, they get in touch with me and/or Cebius (the creator of Duke Nukem Fallever).

ambershee - where did you get that nugget of information? The last I heard 3D Realms/Apogee were still in the midst of a huge courtroom battle with Take Two over who owns rights to what and that the project is in limbo.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.