Forum Thread
Crisis 51, Needs Assistance on the Front Line (Forums : Pimpage & Posing : Crisis 51, Needs Assistance on the Front Line) Locked
Thread Options
Crisis
Crisis Crisis 51 Team Leader
Dec 8 2003 Anchor

Greetings all. Some of you may, but probably most of you haven’t heard of Crisis 51, we can be found on this database roundabout... here... Moddb.com

We are a Mod for the HL2 engine. Let me give you the low down of what we are going to be offering in Crisis 51 to players of this Total Conversion experience.

- Total Conversion to what is going to be (quite obviously) the Best Game of 2004.
- A Single Player Experience. Yes we will be doing a MP side but we are concentrating on making an in depth, story telling, and government conspiracy Single Player MOD. With cut-scenes, many characters to interact with. We are giving the players character a past, and if you play well a future. Help "Mark Slater" discover more about his past as it comes back to haunt him again.

This is going to be a dramatic experience to play. With high levels of realism, and action sequences to blow your mind away Crisis 51 has one of the most ambitious stories ever told in a game. The story we have written and scripted is more like a movie script, or a book, but more interactive, with more options, and greater fun for you as a gamer.

What you know of the story thus far... and what you will know is only a very tiny fraction of what’s to come.

- We are going to bring to you, everything you have ever wanted. We are trying to bring you into the mind of whom you play as, so you have to think like them. Share their thoughts and memories, and have feelings for them and others. Its a large task but one which needs to be done.

- Using the HL2 Physics and Emotion System to its full advantage of course. Crisis 51 will also be having both large underground sections and large open land areas recreated as accurately as possible from Area 51 photos.

- If you want to find out anything else, then just visit the website, that’s just a small insight and such like.

So why are we modding now? Why are we in need of assistance now? Well we are aiming to get a demo out the door very shortly after the release of HL2. Of which the demo will feature several levels, which takes part in Slaters past. It will end on a cliffhanger and will hopefully grab the attention of many people.

Primarily we are looking for modellers and skinners. With over 30 weapons and a lot of characters to be made we have more than enough work cut out for modellers. Even for the demo we need approximately 10 weapons, 10 characters and several vehicles created. It’s a lot, but it all has to start somewhere doesn't it.

What else can I say? We are just in a desperate situation as of now to get this Crisis 51 Demo started. With a very small active team with us at the moment, we have no chance of getting the demo out by this time next year.

So I guess you could call this a cry for help, WE NEED YOU!

Our website can be found here - Crisis51.hl2db.com
Our ModDB profile can be found here - Moddb.com
And I, Crisis leader of Crisis 51 can be contacted here - crisis51@blueyonder.co.uk

All I ask is you take a look. Finally here are some teaser images of some work that has been done.

User Posted Image User Posted Image

Now feel free to discuss and reply here to ask your questions, or ask me directly if you want to sign up or ask anything. Here to help...

- Edited By Crisis On Mon 8th, Dec 2003 @ 3:21:34pm

--

Crisis 51
"Terror Holds No Secrets"

"In the past we wonder about the future and how what we do now influences it. In the future we wonder how we could have changed the past and therefore changed our current future."

Crisis
Dec 11 2003 Anchor

Finally point to raise. New Website currently in design phase. But we need new content before anything is launched which means we need modellers.

Comon at least post some feedback ppl of the ModDB World!

Note: Hosted by HL2DB ran by BlueWolf72. Crisis 51 was selected for hosting by him.

--

Crisis 51

"In the past we wonder about the future and how what we do now influences it. In the future we wonder how we could have changed the past and therefore changed our current future."

Dec 14 2003 Anchor

Those concepts look pretty cool but their are too many similar mods for HL2 like urs so how are you going to make yours stand out?

--

------------------/
sniper_ali2003-/
------------------/

Joint-Team Leader and forum/web admin of the Half-life mod All Out War

Visit it @ Alloutwar.co.uk
Happy Browsin'

frosty-theaussie
frosty-theaussie Sonny Jim
Dec 14 2003 Anchor

It already is standing out. It's not MP-only. :D

--

User Posted Image

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Dec 14 2003 Anchor

Lol, MP-only mods suck! Even Dh1 (A Deathmatch mod) was very heavily singlelplayer compatible. There are so many mods that are only playable in MP - and I think that's not a good way to go. All mods should have at least a decent SP mode even if it is with semi-lame Ai, as well as a fair level of MP.
The best mods tend to have both :)!

Crisis
Dec 16 2003 Anchor

Thats what we are doing.

A massive Single Player Campagn which is offered by very very few MODs out there. I would say about 90% of MODs are MP only, most of which when released have 10 servers and no one plays it.

We are going to Single Player action, which helps us stand out alot.
We are going for epic story line.
We are going for realism, okay yeah its been done, well I see no problem doing it again.

I would compare the mood/detail of story a cross between "Max Payne 2" for emotion, and linking the player with who they play and perhaps "Deus Ex" and "Metal Gear Solid" for the scale of the story with conspiracys and basing it all on real facts and information.

I think thats what we are offering which is unique, and different to the community. Also like I said we are going to get a Single Player Demo out ASAP. We have the demo all planed out word for word, just need the people to carry it out. At current rate expect the demo eary 2005, lol. As for the real thing, wait till 2007 with our current team.

So much to do, so little people to do it.

Yeah so hope that cleared that stuff up.

Finally, yes we will have an MP feature as well, but not a huge one. So we can please all I hope.

--

Crisis 51

teh_fonx
teh_fonx Wtf is a FONX ???
Dec 18 2003 Anchor

ambershee what are you talking about. Right now none of the "good" mods have single player. Look at it, cs, ns, dod, dc - they are arguably the top 4 mods on the planet and not a single one has a singleplayer campaign.

--

I want to make a mod like counter-strike but with more guns ,3 teams (maybe),and better gfx !!,
i need a maper,modeler,coder,and someone to maker a website for it, and what ever else u think i may need plz.

Crisis
Dec 18 2003 Anchor

Welll also think of this...

about 1% of MODs have a Single Player, so the top would be MP. But think, if your a MP MOD, if your not the top 10 you have wasted your time, as no one will play it, there will be limited servers and its just crap.

With a singple player you dont rely on other people to have to play it. I would say about 90% of Multiplayer MODs released have maybe 5 servers tops probably none of which ever have anyone playing in them. So whats the point?

--

Crisis 51

frosty-theaussie
frosty-theaussie Sonny Jim
Dec 18 2003 Anchor

massive Single Player Campagn which is offered by very very few MODs out there.

Hey! My mod is primarily Single-Player. Just you wait and see *mumbles*...

--

User Posted Image

BlueWolf72
BlueWolf72 Mod Till Ya Die
Dec 18 2003 Anchor

my mod for hl2 is single player to :)

I will spread the word you need help "C"

--

Desura Contests Live!
Twitter With Me?<!--Session data-->

<!-- Top iFrame -->

<!-- Bottom iFrame -->

Crisis
Dec 19 2003 Anchor

Cheers BlueWolf, I knew we wanted 2 be under your wing for sum reason. C51 is your child, care for it well.

We got 1 new modeller, we are making slow progress wid the demo.

--

Crisis 51

BlueWolf72
BlueWolf72 Mod Till Ya Die
Dec 19 2003 Anchor

I'll be on hlradio.com to help on the radio and talkin mod stuff I will be sure to pimp you out!

--

Desura Contests Live!
Twitter With Me?<!--Session data-->

<!-- Top iFrame -->

<!-- Bottom iFrame -->

ambershee
Dec 19 2003 Anchor

What am I talking about? I'm talking about a 56ker who has no opinion of MP only mods :)!
Single Player ability is crucial, if noone's playing a mod online, there should always be bots about, even in DM and CtF mods!
Best of luck with C51, I look forward to another good SP mod.

Crisis
Dec 20 2003 Anchor

Cheers ambershee, and BlueWolf, I belive you will do your best. You are our host after all! hehe.

More updates on our website soon... ish.

--

Crisis 51

Dec 24 2003 Anchor

Sorry to take this thread a little more off topic, but i got to disagree here. You are saying that single-player is crucial incase no one is playing online. If someone can't make a mod good enough for atleast some servers to be up and with people, then they will more than like not be up to the task of making a single-player mod. Besides, if you make a good enough MP game, then it can be an interesting and continuously refreshing experience for months and months. A SP game has maybe 1 time replayability. Anymore than that and people get bored of the same old thing. If you make a really good SP mod and a really good MP mod then I bet the MP mod will be more played for a longer time than the SP one. Not to say that SP mods are bad, I just don't see how you can say that an SP component is curcial. I never got past the first level of HL and Quake2, in WC3 i got through like 5 mission, and many other games with an MP component I've barely touched the SP part. And I know many people that are the same.

BTW, I say game and mod interchangably throughout the post.. I usually just mean mod.

- Edited By asteryus On Wed 24th, Dec 2003 @ 2:16:38am

--

"I'm the Robenator. Could some one make me a mod that is single player. I want it to be about a CIA agent name James Ryan. His mission to take down a terrorest leader bend on taking over the world. You use everything from silenced weapons to Mini-Guns. If you want to make this mod for me plz tell me.."

To the slow ones, this isn't my idea, it's quoted from here.

Current project:
WiMP

Crisis
Dec 24 2003 Anchor

I understand what you mean. But I'm sayin thats what we are offering, a SP backbone with a MP feature.

The more and more MP Mods there are the harder it is to become a good one with servers and such like. A good MP game takes time to take off, and well Im not going to go into that again.

We are offering a SP game, story driven, with alternate paths, endings and so forth so later on down the line you can pick it up once again.

People want something different. SP is rare. We are offering that.
Whenever I see a MP games its another WWII, CT/T multiplayer game, its been done, its been done well leave it.

Things are rarly unique these days. Its the same thing with like 1 new feature.

Well I think I have said my bit.

Crisis 51 still needs a crew 2 put together a highly replayable and diverse singple player experience!

Now hopefully we are back on topic.

--

Crisis 51

ambershee
Dec 24 2003 Anchor

An SP backbone with an MP feature is a good way of going about it. I can see where he was going with the idea, but personally, if a game cannot be good in one part, it has to be in the other. A great game will be good in both, playability will always be limited on both scores. Of course some games that have done well have only concentrated on one of these factors, such as Quake 3 or CS.
Personally with my own Dh3 project, we're looking at getting both. We're attempting to offer an extensive SP campaign, as well as the same said campaign as a coop MP experience. Then after that of course come other little twiddly things like Deathmatches and CtFs for your typical style gameplay.
It's apparent that we all have a different take on what the best approach really is. Hopefully we'll all prevail and have an excellent collection of great HL2 titles to share around.
Anyone thought of a rather exclusive sort of web-ring of similar titles? It would be good to see when we have some real content up all of us, that we can also share our traffic and get ourselves about a bit within the community.
Still, mods first!
AmberZ

Crisis
Dec 25 2003 Anchor

Yes... thanks for the nice constructive input Ambershee. I just feel that the Moding community is catering for Broadband people only... as if MP is the future. Whch I can see its taking over everything. But doesn't mean a well put 2gether creative and original Single Player can't be put together. Its a different challenge as well. AI, being the main, and balancing be a very different task to that of a MP.

Its different, for both player and creator a different experience entirly.

--

Crisis 51

Dec 26 2003 Anchor

Though I consider myself one of those who feels that "MP is the future," as you put it, after reading your guys' posts I'm starting to think that maybe, if pulled off right, SP backbone games can still compete. I guess MP doesn't stand a chance as far as a continuing storyline goes and if you can create replayablity than that's a good game. Well, I guess we'll see. Good luck in your ventures and hopefully in a year or two or whenever your mods will fully convince me that SP games can still hold their own.

--

"I'm the Robenator. Could some one make me a mod that is single player. I want it to be about a CIA agent name James Ryan. His mission to take down a terrorest leader bend on taking over the world. You use everything from silenced weapons to Mini-Guns. If you want to make this mod for me plz tell me.."

To the slow ones, this isn't my idea, it's quoted from here.

Current project:
WiMP

Crisis
Dec 28 2003 Anchor

Well I hope so. Story is what C51 is all about and therefore SP is the best way to give a story. Lets see how this goes...

--

Crisis 51

Crisis
Dec 30 2003 Anchor

C51 on News : Moddb.com

Danke. Wanna help out?

--

Crisis 51

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.