Forum Thread
Coder needed 4 a HL MOD, WILL PUT IN CREDITS (Forums : Coding & Scripting : Coder needed 4 a HL MOD, WILL PUT IN CREDITS) Locked
Thread Options
Dax
Dax
Jul 17 2004 Anchor

I really need a coder for a Half-life mod, info on the MOD can be found here

Moddb.com :moddb:

Any one who can at least coder for HL.

PLZ Respond i really need you!!! :O
OR
My mod will sleep forever :cry:

--

PLEASE TYPE RESPONSE HERE:

Jul 17 2004 Anchor

Check around your local college or on their web sites to see if there is anybody willing to code a game. I'm sure there's at least few that are really into games that'd be willing to help.

--

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

Dax
Dax
Jul 17 2004 Anchor

collage ????

--

Jul 17 2004 Anchor

I said college, not collage. You know, the bigger schools, the ones after high school? I'm surprised you don't know what a college is.

--

arghvark
arghvark (Cult) Member
Jul 17 2004 Anchor

"Will put in credits" did it even cross your mind to not put it in the credits?

--

Karuto wrote: Spammers? Excuse me, but I always contribute to the conversation and hardly ever go off-topic. Not to mention, I contribute more to my post than just a plain one-liner. I may post a lot, but I'm not a spammer along the terms you guys set, but whatever...

Irony at its finest.
User Posted Image

Dax
Dax
Jul 17 2004 Anchor

No i suppose

And yeh i do know what a college is :) !!

--

AttorneyAtPaw
AttorneyAtPaw Angry White Man in Massachusetts
Jul 17 2004 Anchor

Out of curiosity, do you get a bunch of replies here that are worth following or do you have to sift through them all to find the gem?

I'm off to have a beer and work of Half life maps, Quake skins and an Urban terror automobile model.

Thanks for the beer :beer: and until we meet again!

modDB rocks!

--

It's too funny that the earliest I can go for my birth year is 1971. I was born in 1967, I guess I'm too old for even the extreme edge of this envelope.
:devious:

Oh well.
:dead:

Have another Absolut Raz n Diet 7 Up
:sick:

Dax
Dax
Jul 18 2004 Anchor

Wot like intill i actually find a coder

I REALLY NEED HELP!!

--

ShortCutMan
ShortCutMan ♥ Pure ♥ Bred ♥ Geek ♥
Jul 18 2004 Anchor

Moddb.com

--

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 98% that is an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
User Posted Image

Jul 18 2004 Anchor

There's plenty of people who need a coder. You'll going to have to look for them, since they won't come to you. Go to Google and find places where coders and programmers hang out a lot, and see if one of them would be willing to help you with the mod. There's hardly any coders here that aren't already involved in a project.

--

Dragonlord
Dragonlord Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Jul 18 2004 Anchor

it's funny... all looking for coders... isn't it great to be a coder having to look for others
/me fat grin

Jul 18 2004 Anchor

I am indeed jealous. Although, sometimes, coders have about the same luck as anybody else to find a team to work with. You have more opportunities, though, to get into bigger projects -- depending on your skill level, of course. It's sort of the reason why I want to take Computer Science at my university, because coders are looked upon higher than a lot of other workers.

--

Dragonlord
Dragonlord Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Jul 18 2004 Anchor

hm... depends... too many pseudo coders out there having no real idea of what coding really is, especially in the quality department... *doooh*

Jul 18 2004 Anchor

coders are the gods among us.

that comment about looking for coders at local colleges is a stupid one. community colleges do not require their students to know some higher math concepts like geometry...

anyways, i'm also looking for another coder :)....

--

User Posted Image
--------------------------------------------------
Lead Programmer/Project Leader of Heist.
check us out, at our moddb profile

Jul 18 2004 Anchor

Well, I didn't say community colleges. I meant like colleges nearby, or universities. I guess I word it wrong.

--

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.