Forum Thread
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (Forums : Console Gaming : Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 ) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
micky123
micky123 Is a nommer of food :P
May 25 2009 Anchor

Hi everybody CoD modern warfare 2 coming out near the end of this year. Who is looking forware to cos i am. Also if people want some infor visit these sites.
Uk.xbox360.ign.com
and
Modernwarfare2.infinityward.com

For the last link theres a long trailer for people to watch but you have to submit an age first.

Anyway not only can you create a weapon set you can also create a character. :D

Arxae
Arxae Resident Stepmania Freak :D
May 25 2009 Anchor

i can't even enter text for the age verification on my laptop O_o
anyway, creating your own character...in a shooter...yay for generic story (again!) >_<

EDIT: saw it on another site
not that impressed, looked pretty much like any sequel..the same only more of it

Edited by: Arxae

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
May 25 2009 Anchor

I liked the look of the vehicle segments. Whether they're any good is another question ;)

micky123
May 25 2009 Anchor

Yeah. The vehicle bit looked ok. (It reminded me of farcry. lol). I wonder what new weapons will be added. (I want 50cal barrett sniper rifle :P)
I also like the idea of underwater missions. :D

--

I have a dream. That dream is to dream about dreaming of dreams. :P

SCΛRECROW
SCΛRECROW Someone, Somewhere.
Jun 3 2009 Anchor

Sounds and looks good. I'll play it on PC, as I can't aim with console controllers. :eyebrow:

--

"Someone do something to help somebody."

micky123
Jun 3 2009 Anchor

Lol. Why can't you aim with a console controller??
I find it a bit easier cos sometimes when i aim with a mouse in a pc, the aimer goes too fast or too slow. :P

--

Hendrix
Hendrix Tea maker extrodinaire
Jun 3 2009 Anchor

Apart from COD3, i thoroughly enjoyed all of the Games (COD 5 needed a bit of tweaking and balancing) So i'll most probably be getting this when it comes out.

--

User Posted Image

micky123
Jun 3 2009 Anchor

Lol. Can't wait for it. Create your own character. EPIC AWESOME. :P
I can't wait for the moder weapons either. :P

--

Cryrid
Cryrid 3D Artist
Jun 3 2009 Anchor

This looks like it will be quite fun. More of the same great formula, with the action turned up a bit. The end kind of reminded me of something from GIJOE (The 'Resolute' variety, not the live-action kind).

Handgun_Hero
Handgun_Hero Vietnam | Glory Obscured Beta Tester
Jun 4 2009 Anchor

Modern Warfare 2 does look good indeed. Hope it adds in new guns like the TAR-21 or F88 Austeyr! However like COD's WW2 games I'm sure Modern Warfare will die down soon. COD 7 should be set in Vietnam, Korea or perhaps the Falklands. I really think there is a lot of potential for making Vietnam games, if you have the balls to defy the government and fear of backlash. Just look at Vietcong 1 and 2 they are great Vietnam FPS. If anyone can make a Vietnam FPS it is Treyarch or Infinity Ward.

--

Can you tell me doctor why I still can't get to sleep?
The night time's just a jungle dark and a barking M16.
What's this rash that comes and goes can you tell me what it means?
God help me, I was only 19.

Hendrix
Jun 4 2009 Anchor

i agree actually, we were tempted to ha ve a portion of 1985 (ie, the trainer) set in the falklands.

One of my favourite games of all time is Vietcong, VC2 was a bit of a let down, i liked the way it showed the Australians, im definately one for showing the smaller contributors to these conflicts... not suggesting for one second that what the australians did in Vietnam was anything less than what it truly was. Shell shock was pretty enjoyable, but then it went all fucking stupid with the zombie shit in no2, that pissed me off more than i can say.

-There arent enough vietnam games out there

-There arent ANY Falklands games out there (apart from flashpoint: in the falklands)

-There arent enough Korea games out there

-There aren't enough WW1 Games out there.

I am thoroughly sick of WW2 games. Especially the ones that make it seem like the SPAMS won the whole thing without the help of ANY other nation.

Rant over...

--

User Posted Image

Handgun_Hero
Jun 4 2009 Anchor

There are only 12 commericial Vietnam War games made. Though there are dozens of mods for it, which shows just how much people really want Vietnam. I have never seen a Korea game, only mods (like Battlefield: Korea.)

There are more WW1 games than Korea and Vietnam combined.

WW2 is the most overused themes. 171 games, half of which suck.

--

Hendrix
Jun 4 2009 Anchor

ive seen a korea game. Uk.gamespot.com but its not FPS

I would assume there would be more ww1 games than korea and vietnam combined, as its stirs up the patriotic fervor of more nations.

Im really sorry, but I cant see what the big deal is about ww2, its been done so many times in games that nothing is original anymore.

--

User Posted Image

micky123
Jun 4 2009 Anchor

Lol. I think we've gone off topic here. :P

--

Hendrix
Jun 4 2009 Anchor

You right.

I couldnt find any info on the character creation stuff, someone wanna fill me in or link me up?

--

User Posted Image

micky123
Jun 4 2009 Anchor

I don't know anything that goes into depth about creating a character but i have seen that you can. Try typing it in into gogle and you might find something.

--

SCΛRECROW
SCΛRECROW Someone, Somewhere.
Jun 6 2009 Anchor

It could be similar to the system that was featured in Rainbow Six Vegas and Vegas 2. Customizable face, clothing and body armour.

--

"Someone do something to help somebody."

micky123
Jun 6 2009 Anchor

Yeah it'll probably be something like that.

--

Handgun_Hero
Jun 6 2009 Anchor

Personally I wanted this one set in Vietnam, there is a lot to explore. But then again Modern Warfare was awesome, makes sense to have a sequel.

--

micky123
Jun 7 2009 Anchor

Yeah. I would like it to have some sort of mission where you are in a desert. Cos many games don't have that. Also i think they should add more sniper missions. :D

--

Handgun_Hero
Jun 7 2009 Anchor

Desert warfare is often boring because there isn't much visual appeal. Just long plains with the occasional dune and a pale colour. Quite boring. Yes more sniper missions would be nice, but I would like to see some Aussies mentioned somewhere. I feel that the Aussies would suit a game like this alongside the Americans. I want to have some fun on an F88 Austeyr or an F89 Minimi. Desert Eagle

--

micky123
Jun 7 2009 Anchor

Lol. yeah. Vehicles would be nice. But then again, it won't feel the same. :P
Also i think more epic battles would be good. :P

--

Handgun_Hero
Jun 7 2009 Anchor

Epic battles = Vietnam war battles, like LZ X-Ray or massive artillery engagements on the DMZ. But then again I'm just a Vietnam addict. But yeah Epic battles are great, particularly those with a jungle theme, urban theme or a snowy mountain theme (this theme in particular) and with great varieties from artillery engagements, airborne dogfights or massed tank assaults.

--

micky123
Jun 7 2009 Anchor

Lol. Yeah. Mountain side = epic. Snipers on top of mountain while massive war raging below. (Plus massive artillary bombardent)
Urban battles are AWESOME. Maybe thry'll have battles in little villages as well.
Erm... what else. Oh yeah can't wait to see the return of the heli. LOVE THE HELI. :P
I think they should GREATLY INCREASE the amoung of weapons and perks for both online and offline.
I also think they should allow the player select his/her own weapons before a mission cos that would be awesome. :D

--

Handgun_Hero
Jun 7 2009 Anchor

Some weapons they should include:

• FAMAS
  • F88 Austeyr
  • F89 Minimi
  • MAG-58
  • XM8
  • M468
  • TAR-21
  • M16A2
  • L1A1

--

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.