Forum Thread
Poll: Which should i buy (68 votes)
Call of duty, gears, or fallout 3... (Forums : Console Gaming : Call of duty, gears, or fallout 3...) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
shumo154
shumo154 we all fail at life
Nov 14 2008 Anchor

which should i buy?

edit: this is for the xbox 360

Edited by: shumo154

RandomusIdiotus
RandomusIdiotus I think I have too much blood in my caffeine system...
Nov 14 2008 Anchor

When in doubt,go with the one with the highest user rating on Metacritic.

--

User Posted Image

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Nov 14 2008 Anchor

They have the same score on Metacritic, genius.

frosty-theaussie
frosty-theaussie Sonny Jim
Nov 14 2008 Anchor

they're all rentals except for fallout 3, which i wouldn't recommend but those with varying standards and opinions from me probably would.

ambershee wrote: They have the same score on Metacritic, genius.

ice burn bro, you so cool

--

User Posted Image

Henley
Henley the sun never sets on the eternally cool
Nov 14 2008 Anchor

fallout 3 no doubt, no doubt in my mind!

--

Nov 14 2008 Anchor

Mirrors Edge.

Or just rent the games instead of spending all your birthday money in one place.

AJ_Quick
AJ_Quick Arty type thing
Nov 14 2008 Anchor

FO3.

--

"I will play but only if there is clopping" - Alex Quick, Sep 15 2012, 6:56am

Nov 14 2008 Anchor

fallout 3 by far

--

User Posted Image
RandomusIdiotus
RandomusIdiotus I think I have too much blood in my caffeine system...
Nov 15 2008 Anchor

No they don't,I checked. :P

--

User Posted Image

mjnowak
mjnowak Commander GIggles
Nov 15 2008 Anchor

Cod5 is a rental, gow2 is getting raped because its console but its by far the best console game i have, fo3 is awesome, if we are taking CONSOLE, get gears. If pc get FO3

Henley
Nov 15 2008 Anchor

deathrainer wrote: Cod5 is a rental, gow2 is getting raped because its console but its by far the best console game i have, fo3 is awesome, if we are taking CONSOLE, get gears. If pc get FO3

no fallout 3 is worth putting down 3k for a pc and then the game. Screw this console gaming thing.

--

mjnowak
mjnowak Commander GIggles
Nov 15 2008 Anchor

Ok, well ive got pc, wii, 360, and I had a ps3. Pc wins over them all, but the 360 is pumping out some awesome games atm, dead space, gow2, fable2. All of these are not on pc so people just rag on em, gow2 is like on of the best games out but im saying, if this guy does more console, get gow, if he does more pc get fo3. Because pc will rape the fo3 360 version if he can crank it up

frosty-theaussie
Nov 15 2008 Anchor

Henley wrote:

deathrainer wrote: Cod5 is a rental, gow2 is getting raped because its console but its by far the best console game i have, fo3 is awesome, if we are taking CONSOLE, get gears. If pc get FO3

no fallout 3 is worth putting down 3k for a pc and then the game. Screw this console gaming thing.

you won't miss anything. they're the same game. bethesda has invested highly in the console platforms (or at least, one of them) to the point that the only difference is visual (and not much, at that) relative to how much money you waste/want. and as it's looking now, one of the pc version's few advantages is going to be absent unless they acquiesce and release a construction set for it.

--

User Posted Image

Gibberstein
Gibberstein Generic Coder Type Thing
Nov 15 2008 Anchor

deathrainer wrote: Ok, well ive got pc, wii, 360, and I had a ps3. Pc wins over them all, but the 360 is pumping out some awesome games atm, dead space, gow2, fable2. All of these are not on pc so people just rag on em, gow2 is like on of the best games out but im saying, if this guy does more console, get gow, if he does more pc get fo3. Because pc will rape the fo3 360 version if he can crank it up

Really? I better go get my head examined then, cos I've been playing that game in a version that doesn't exist ;)

--

"lets say Portal is a puzzle game, so its a rehash of Tetris"
- Wraiyth points out the craziness of stereotyping games by their genre

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Nov 15 2008 Anchor

Kee715 wrote:

No they don't,I checked. :P

Last time I checked, they were all scored 93. Now CoD5 has more reviews and is scored 86. That still leaves two games with 93.

AJ_Quick
AJ_Quick Arty type thing
Nov 15 2008 Anchor

I find it kind of amusing that in this day and age a shooter as linear as COD is still getting lavished with praise.

--

frosty-theaussie
Nov 15 2008 Anchor

Mr.Kadish wrote: I find it kind of amusing that in this day and age a shooter as linear as COD is still getting lavished with praise.

yes well some of us feel likewise about unpolished, buggy games with self-conscious and utterly awkward game mechanics. different strokes for different blokes.

Edited by: frosty-theaussie

AJ_Quick
AJ_Quick Arty type thing
Nov 15 2008 Anchor

frosty-theaussie wrote:

Mr.Kadish wrote: I find it kind of amusing that in this day and age a shooter as linear as COD is still getting lavished with praise.

yes well some of us feel likewise about unpolished, buggy games with self-conscious and utterly awkward game mechanics. different strokes for different blokes.

Hey hey, no need to rip into WaW *that* harshly man. I think it's fair to call it linear, however.

--

Nov 15 2008 Anchor

CoD games are a multiplayer experience for me, despite their supposed single player quality... so I don't really notice the linearity... Though I'd imagine it is indeed a fair criticism.

Although I haven't bought CoD5 - from what I've seen and briefly played... it's CoD4 with tanks and new skins... (Admittedly a rather skeptical observation... but still).

If I had to choose a game from your list I'd take FO3. As previously mentioned - the others are fun, but ultimately "Rentals". That said, I don't own any of them. Left 4 Dead is the only game in my sights at the moment.

Edited by: Kageh

Sebbeman
Sebbeman Six days at the bottom of the ocean
Nov 15 2008 Anchor

I find it kind of amusing that in this day and age an "RPG" as linear as FO3 is still getting lavished with praise.

Henley
Nov 15 2008 Anchor

Sebbeman wrote:

I find it kind of amusing that in this day and age an "RPG" as linear as FO3 is still getting lavished with praise.

its because its good

--

frosty-theaussie
Nov 15 2008 Anchor

Henley wrote:

Sebbeman wrote:

its because its good

your reasoning is so good, you should write for gamespy.

--

User Posted Image

Henley
Nov 15 2008 Anchor

i do

--

Nov 16 2008 Anchor

do gears of war 2
i heared from some clanmembers that Cod:Waw has alot of errors etc and problems
u also can do fallout3

Nov 17 2008 Anchor

In my opinion...

Gears of War 2 will be a good play..>

Fallout 3 is the best game out there today (except for the sham of an ending...)

CoD "5" World at War is a very bad game that is repeating the previous games.. they also tried to cram a unrealistic zombie mode into the game if i recall correctly... which is ridiculous because Call of Duty is meant to be based around "realism". Long live Call of Duty 2 i say! THe best one of the series...

Overall i recommend you get both Fallout 3 and Gears of War 2...

Edited by: General_Atrox

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.