Forum Thread
Battle for Middle Earth 2 (Forums : PC Gaming : Battle for Middle Earth 2) Locked
Thread Options
leilei
leilei The person who doesn't like anything
Feb 18 2006 Anchor

demo's been out for awhile now and i like it despite some total disobedient ai from units

discuss.

--

<  insert subject games here  >

cheeseyballz
cheeseyballz 100% Pretty Cool
Feb 18 2006 Anchor

Its kinda horrible in my opinion, a failed copy of Warcraft3, with like you said shitty AI, and hard game play and basically no relavance to LOTR, and im usally a fan of their games.

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Feb 18 2006 Anchor

I'd hardly describe it as a copy of Wc3 - it's basically BfME, based on the war in the north from the novels (with a bit of liberal interpretation) - a large part of the features were requested by the community (such as wall building and independent structures). The demo doesn't really reflect the final product very well. It's not a bad game when it comes down to it, but at the moment, multiplayer is a little off - hopefully that'll be fixed right up by the release.
It is however, the best damned engine for RTS modding we'll see for a little while ;)

IGN_Hegemon
IGN_Hegemon Former Mod Manager, IGN Entertainment
Mar 1 2006 Anchor

Did you guys see Moddb.com this mod?

Why Visions?
We believe that EA Games delivered a fun RTS game in BFME2 but abused the newly gained Book License. They made up units and heroes, most of them making no sense when placing them in Middle Earth.

That's were Visions comes in. The goal of this mod is to make the game more fun, more real and more appealing. We intend to make the game more faithful to the source material, and also to the realistic designs of WETA workshop in the movie. We also intend to improve the quality of art assets, removing chunky dwarves, and replacing awful re-used assets from BFME1.

Tomato-Killer
Tomato-Killer thats what yo mama said
Mar 1 2006 Anchor

took me a couple days to dl
then it doesnt work :cry:
damn i need a new vid card

edit: first one was fun tho, specially in multiplayer XD

Edited by: Tomato-Killer

--

User Posted Image

Baza
Baza Professional Idiot and Aussie Hobo
Mar 20 2006 Anchor

What is the model that you currently have?
Also i have yet to play the demo. I thought it looked promising but from what you have all said it sounds dissapointing :(

Edited by: Baza

--

The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to be when you kill them.

User Posted Image

VAU: amateurs with proessional standards

Mar 20 2006 Anchor

Don't base your entire opinion of a game off of two people, Baza. If that was the case, then no one would like any game in the industry. Everyone has something to gripe about, but in this case, try the demo first before forming an opinion. That's all I can recommend.

--

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

ambershee
ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks
Mar 20 2006 Anchor

IGN_Hegemon wrote: Did you guys see Moddb.com this mod?

Why Visions?
We believe that EA Games delivered a fun RTS game in BFME2 but abused the newly gained Book License. They made up units and heroes, most of them making no sense when placing them in Middle Earth.

That's were Visions comes in. The goal of this mod is to make the game more fun, more real and more appealing. We intend to make the game more faithful to the source material, and also to the realistic designs of WETA workshop in the movie. We also intend to improve the quality of art assets, removing chunky dwarves, and replacing awful re-used assets from BFME1.

I'd mostly ignore it, the big hitters for BfME II are likely to include Rise of Rome in their ranks, but I'm hardly bothered about the game being more faithful to the limited book material :)

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.