Forum Thread
2 new games!!! (Forums : PC Gaming : 2 new games!!!) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 17 2005 Anchor

Hey you guys, did ya hear that AVP3 and Freespace 3 are about to be made and after the end of spring they'll be launched, i hope that these games can become some new information about your community. And you can search for more info about it on both of the main sites.
Only for AVP3, cheaters and hackers can't cheat or hack and they're about to make sure the game will not have any cheats at all, but Freespace fans will love FS 3. The same things, only some graphics and gameplay are beign restarted to the main consul. After that, the game will ahve more freelance flight than his other 2 first games of Freespace collection. As for AVP3 some new units will be available online. And for singleplayer as for multiplayer maps it wil be loaded with more than 50 deathmatch,team-deathmatch and survivor maps. That's all the info i know about these two games.

ImTheDarkcyde
ImTheDarkcyde ¯\(º_o)/¯
Jan 17 2005 Anchor
Wilhelm_III
Wilhelm_III Who the hell do I think I am?
Jan 17 2005 Anchor

Same here, AVP3 seems to good to be true...

embers.
embers. I'm a lumberjack....
Jan 17 2005 Anchor

"Only for AVP3, cheaters and hackers can't cheat or hack and they're about to make sure the game will not have any cheats at all"

this proves that his sources are fake,no-one would bother saying that in an article

RatoN
RatoN We're going to the Winchester
Jan 17 2005 Anchor

Freespace 3 is possible because Volition isn't dead yet, and it seems that everyone who played the originals would like to see another one made. However this statement sounds like bs, so unless you can prove to me by stating your sources, I'm going to have to say that this is bogus. Besides, Volition is busy with the Punisher game right now. And last time I check, Interplay isn't selling their licenses that easily.

Edited by (in order): RatoN, RatoN, RatoN

Jan 17 2005 Anchor

Oh my Gooood....

Ok, I come from the last Freespace community left, and I'll tell you exactly why it won't happen, because it's been done to death a bazillion times:

Interplay has the rights to Freespace. Volition was just the developer. Now [V] belongs to someone else. Interplay tanked, along with the rights. They're not selling them to anyone, so the Freespace liscence goes down with them. Freespace 3 will never, ever be made.

There was some talk earlier about Derek Smart buying the liscence, which caused an enormous uproar in the community. Luckily, this went away, and no one's heard anything since.

RatoN
RatoN We're going to the Winchester
Jan 17 2005 Anchor

Yeah I read about that. And basicly taking down the Descent series as well. Even almost took Fallout with them.

Now THQ has Volition working on the Punisher game. THQ seems to be big on movie games don't they.

EDIT: The Punisher is done and out!

Edited by (in order): RatoN, RatoN

Jan 17 2005 Anchor

Heard it was good, too.

And There won't be an FS3 because FS2 never made enough money. Interplay never advertised the game, so most people never knew it came out, hence, almost no sales.

ImTheDarkcyde
ImTheDarkcyde ¯\(º_o)/¯
Jan 17 2005 Anchor

damn, i wanted derek smart to get that license!
/me looks about to see if derek smart has started flaming moddb at the mere mention of his name

Wilhelm_III
Wilhelm_III Who the hell do I think I am?
Jan 17 2005 Anchor

Looks like he did not. Damn, I got so exited when he first mentioned AVP3, before I read that no cheating thing. You will die for getting my hopes up! For however little time you did!

Jan 17 2005 Anchor

You're joking about wanting him to get the liscence, right? :D

frosty-theaussie
frosty-theaussie Sonny Jim
Jan 17 2005 Anchor

No, he made a post on his forum asking for people's opinions if he bought it. IMO if he bought it he'd just ruin it. He should stick to ruining his own Battlefield franchise.

--

User Posted Image

Jan 18 2005 Anchor

...Battlecruiser ;)

Edited by: UnknownTarget

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.