A short list of Autumn Aurora 2 graphics, sound and gameplay features.
Posted by CrommCruac on Dec 2nd, 2013
- New tree models / textures (Absolute Nature). Each level was edited to add more and new foliage.
- New weather system (special edition of AtmosFear for Autumn Aurora 2).
- Lots of new sounds of environment, weapons, items as well as level-specific sounds and actor voice.
- Environment sounds are dependent on weather type and time of day. Moreover, each weather type boasts totally different and unique sounds.
- Lots of new edited textures.
- New music.
- Some new weapons (with unique NPC's and as rewards for quests) and items (not many, maybe 10).
- Artifacts detectable only by means of detectors (Echo, Bear and Veles. Each detector has distinct characteristics). Read more about it here: Moddb.com
- Two modes of repair (traders as well as outfit and weapon repair kits).
- Sleeping possible in designated areas (like in CoP).
- New UI/HUD (CoP-based).
- Hand texture adjusts to the suit you're wearing (like in CoP).
- HUD and breating sounds are mask-dependent.
- Random stashes.
- New screen effects when irradiated, on low health and out of breath (low stamina).
- Applying medkits, eating or using repair kits takes time.
- New recoil effects.
- New nightvision devices.
- New postprocess effects for anomalies, radiation etc.
- Some artifact models are CoP-based, and some are new.
- Stalkers will carry Russian weapons for the most part. U.S. weapons like LR300 or M16 have been assigned to one faction only and they will be almost a rarity. If you happen to own LR300 or M16, you will have a serious advantage over your adversaries. This applies to exoskeletons or SEVA suits as well - they are finally very exotic and expensive items, but will definetely be worth their price.
- The game itself will be more difficult, but well-balanced to avoid being unfair.
- Some bugfixes like empty stashes and non-disappearing mission markers.