LANDCOM 16 HQS.
TO: ALL FIELD COMMANDERS
AN INTERCEPTED COMMUNIQUE INDICATES THE IMMEDIATE AVAILABILITY OF A
NEW SEPTEMBER 2015 OPENRA RELEASE. SUBSEQUENT INTERROGATION OF THE
MESSAGE COURIER REVEALED THAT 31 AUTHORS CONTRIBUTED MORE THAN 1150
CHANGES TOWARDS THEIR WAR EFFORT IN THE LAST THREE MONTHS. A LARGE
COLLECTION OF BUG FIXES AND OTHER IMPROVEMENTS ARE SUSPECTED.
YOUR ORDERS ARE TO PROCEED DIRECTLY TO WWW.OPENRA.NET/DOWNLOAD/ AND
DOWNLOAD THE NEW RELEASE. RENDEZVOUS WITH OTHER COMMANDERS IN-GAME
AND DESTROY ALL ENEMY OPPOSITION.
Our latest release includes changes and new features that implement several popular requests, including:
- Support for installing assets from an English “The First Decade” DVD.
- Adding the ability to view the map after a match completes.
- Adding a notification when a game admin selects a map with custom rules.
- Recording replays for single player missions.
- Removing the “Enemy Detected” warnings from RA and D2K.
- Fixing bottlenecks in the AI and harvesters to dramatically improve late-game performance.
Other notable changes include:
- Completely overhauled in-game music behaviour (don’t forget to install the music from Extras → Music!).
- Capture screenshots (saved to the support directory) using Ctrl/Cmd+P.
- Units will no longer pursue enemies after they disappear under the fog of war.
- Improved aircraft and paradrop behaviour in RA.
- Added missions Atreides01a and Atreides01b and FMV installation to D2K.
As usual, this is only a small sampling of the full changelog that is available on our wiki.
Grab the installer now for your operating system from our download page!
Once again we hope you’ll enjoy this newest installment of OpenRA!
We know that many people are excited about our in-development Tiberian Sun mod, and we’re pleased to report that we have made significant progress during this release cycle. The core engine changes to support the 2.5D isometric maps used by TS and RA2 are now complete, and we are making slow-but-forward progress on implementing the many missing gameplay features for TS. There is still a lot of work to go, so we do not have a formal release schedule for these mods.
The spy in Red Alert has gained the ability to detect enemy spies and
infiltrate enemy production buildings to unlock veteran unit production.
It is once again possible to view the map after a mission or match is complete.
It is now also possible to view replays of campaign missions.
Use the repair cursor to order damaged vehicles back to a service depot.
In D2K an idle carryall will give it a quick lift!