Hello, Commanders! WhiteWolfReborn, Essence Team Text Editor and Writer here, to help you get back online!
With Gamespy no longer online, C&C Online has surfaced to provide functionality for enabling online play.
Similar to WXIS for the older Command & Conquer games, C&C Online allows for players to connect to and host multiplayer games using the existing C&C3 lobby system, as an alternative to Tuungle (which also works) and other LAN-styled tunneling services.
The online lobby system is currently being maintained by Revora. Cnc-online.net
To return to the action, you will need to do the following:
1. Make sure C&C3 is patched to retail version 1.9 (the latest); it should be already to play the mod anyway!
2. Download C&C Online from Revora's website: Online.the3rdage.net
3. Create an account on the Revora forums: Forums.revora.net
4. Visit the Member Management forum and post a new topic declaring your nickname. Further verify your nickname by visiting Shatabrick.com and type in your former nickname to confirm its existence. Post THAT link to your topic.
A topic describing how to make a proper name-claiming post is available here: Forums.revora.net
The approval process for your nickname may take a day or two.
5. Once your name is approved, attempt to log in to C&C3 using your claimed nickname and password used to create your account on the Revora forums.
6. To access your mod of choice (i.e., Tiberium Essence), create a shortcut to C&C3; on your desktop and add the following line to the target path (making the appropriate changes to the text in bold: -modconfig "C:\Users\Commander A9\Documents\Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\Mods\TiberiumEssence1.51\TiberiumEssence_1.51.skudef"
The bold text should be changed to your username, the name of the mod folder, and the name of the mod's .skudef file itself.
You will then need to "hook" C&C3 to the Revora launcher using the launcher's "hooking" feature.
7. Double-click the mod shortcut, then click "C&C3" to launch your mod of choice. If you were able to log in to C&C3 prior to hooking the mod, you should be able to log in during this attempt.
Welcome back to the front line!
Note: You may have to recreate the shortcut every time C&C Online updates its launcher. Also, you may have to "unhook" C&C Online from C&C3 if using Tuungle.