"A fantasy d20-themed dungeon crawler", to quote DarkGod's comment. Inspired by Incursion by Julian Mensch. Made available under Open Game License. This is a non-profit fan project. No money is made. There are currently only two people working on the mod. However, we have released several beta versions so far.
Because of other demands on my time (namely, writing an MA thesis), the next beta will arrive after 6th May at the earliest. I will do my best to release as soon as possible because the changelog is getting pretty large!
The good news is that there is a lot of bugfixes, cosmetic improvements and content coming - possibly enough to skip beta 7.5 and jump straight to beta 8!
And now, a sneak peek at the current changelog:
* bug fix - no more artifacts dropping on dlvl 1
* bug fix - init sound on loading game from a save
* bug fix - give humanoid NPCs weapon proficiencies
* bug fix - no more errors on log in healer chat
* bug fix - damage logged now includes all increases
* bug fix - effects outside sight range are now forced to be silent
* bug fix - shoot no longer throws a Lua error if you have a shooter but not ammo
* bug fix - can now drag items to hotbar without errors
* bug fix - hotbar will not burp errors when there are no charges at all
* bug fix - increase rarities of large+ vermin
* bug fix - amulet ASCII symbol not showing up
* bug fix - difficulty selection not being saved/displayed properly
* bug fix - Oathbow not counting as ranged weapon
* bug fix - personal reaction not used at all, leading to attacked neutrals not turning hostile
* bug fix - don't show talent cooldown if it's 0
* bug fix - no more option to wear things with INVEN slot
* bug fix - adjust food rarities and add a message on eating
* bug fix - spending a night with a courtesan counts now as resting
* bug fix - buttons overlapping in Help screen
* bug fix - encumbrance no longer considered detrimental
* bug fix - update the tutorial to mention wounds
* bug fix - add sex to character screen
* bug fix - wrap up Power Attack rework and update description
* bug fix - don't display pseudo ID tags on paperdoll
* bug fix - make the specific class resolver actually work
* bug fix - fix the HP allotted by both random and specific class resolver
* bug fix - don't show decimals in special damage messages
* bug fix - assorted spelling fixes
* bug fix - blindness/deafness now allows a save and uses the same TalentDialog code as other spells
* added Symbola font and used it on map
* new zones: temple, drow temple
* new magic properties: weapons - bane corresponding to all monster types, aligned, elemental, elemental burst
* new tiles: belt, girdle, club, helmet, mushroom,
* changed ASCII symbol for bullets
* added tips on loading zone level
* implemented the Luck stat
* implemented Monkey Grip feat
* implemented proper DC calculations for spells
* random and default buttons in character creation screen
* increase spellcaster classes skill points allotment to 4
* ammo capacity is now randomized
* some bags now limit what can be put in them (so an ammo belt will accept only ammo)
* the HUD now informs you that you are on the worldmap or gives you the zone name itself for other zones
* many dialog lists are now colored to help distinguish between good/bad/neutral options
* character sheet now takes all attack modifiers into account when displaying your attack
* the character screen now has a tab listing all effects you have
* the player character can now have children of his/her own
* if you die but have a child(ren), you can keep playing as one of the kids
* improved the loot generator
* skills are no longer hardcoded
* AI can now pick up items from the floor and swap weapons
* players can keep a ranged weapon in the shoulder slot and swap weapons with a keypress
* you can now wield, take off or use items with a keypress giving you a list of all applicable items
* improved combat messages
* neutral NPCs can now be told to move aside/swap places with you
* neutral NPCs who turned hostile due to attacks will slowly decay towards neutral again if not attacked
* add specific class levels to sages, courtesans, guards
* add more skill kits/update their descriptions
* giant ant queen CR bumped up and brought closer to PF version; changed ASCII colors of some vermin
* the player will now stop running automatically in some cases (chats, nasty stuff happening)
* worldmap now uses its own sight range
* code attacks of opportunity
* added outline to ASCII entities
As some of you may know, DG is in the process of testing a new release of T-Engine. Among many changes, there are a lot of behind-the-screens fixes, including...
Beta 6 is almost done, ironing out the last bugs. I've ported 80% of the deity system from Incursion and the total line count has exceeded 50k lines...
We took 3rd place in the ToME module contest but then Real Life (tm) forced a 2 months long hiatus. Fortunately I'm back to coding now and ironed out...
As DarkGod keeps reminding all the participants, there is only a month left for the T-Engine module contest! Therefore we devote our free time to polishing...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
This is the newest version (29/08/2016). This is the standalone version (T-Engine + module), just unpack and run. Highlights include: bug fixes, win condition...
This is the module file of beta 11.5 for those who already have T-Engine, to save on download bandwidth.
This is the newest version (03/01/2016). This is the standalone version (T-Engine + module), just unpack and run. Highlights include: bug fixes, spell...
This is an outdated version. Please download the newest version instead. This is the standalone version (T-Engine + module), just unpack and run. Highlights...
This is an outdated version (19/09/2015). Please download the newest one instead! This is the standalone version (T-Engine + module), just unpack and...
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.