Anno 1493, almost fortyyears have passed since the Duchy of Milan and the Republic of Venice agreed on the shaky peace of Lodi.
The Italian Wars mod team released a new version back in september 2020, but they never uploaded here at ModDB. Now it's time and enjoy this new version!
It's been quite a journey, after so many years I am so happy to present to you a more finished version of the The Italian Wars | Ultimate.
This version has included many of the planned scripts to increase gameplay and bring all the minor factions to life. Though it is not yet finished.. Nevertheless all missing events are fully written but I haven't found the time yet to implement them into the mod. Which means there is still hope to see this mod being finished in the future.
You will find a more than playable version below. Of course, it has not been tested as I did intent, but I'll stick around to lend you guys a hand if any major issue occur.
Timeframe: 1493 - 1559 (4 Rounds per year), that means 264 rounds total
Map: An entire new map
Units: Complete units for every single faction
Buildings: No castles. Modified building times, cots and attributes. Many new buildings (check Changelog for more)
Events: All events, known from version 4.0 and 5.0 are implemented + faction specific events for several of the minor factions
Ancillaries: For every single province there is a secular title, as well as spiritual for the episcopal sees. New historical companions and items. Family dynasties
Scripts: Condotta-Script, Recruitment Limitiation, Sea Raid / Siege scripts by Lusitanio
Not included content:
Events: Events for minor factions - Savoy, Montferrat, Urbino and Siena
1. Download all files mentioned above and place them in one folder (remember to extract all .7z parts, so the .exe and all three .D0* files are in the same directory BEFORE lanching the setup).
2. Run the .exe file
3. Extract sounds.rar to Italian_Wars/data/sounds
4. Run the shortcut on your desktop
Changelog Version 0.7.1:
- added four new traits: Condotta - Condottiere, Former Condottiere, Experienced Condottiere, Very Experienced Condottiere
- changed Bolognese diplomat to: 'Filippo Balduino'
- changed hidden resource of Mirandola Province -> north_italy
- changed age of Agostino Adorno to 52
- altered the priest, heretic, witch conversion to a minimum
- added missing diplomacy speech texts for Spain, Turks
- added missing merchant_clerk ancillary icon
- made port building queue available for the newly added minor factions
- adjusted Swabian League & Ferrara AI profile
- added missing Printing Press/House building description
- added plague events to Ragusa
- added missing title of Incisa
- added new title for Tabarka
- adjusted faction standings of Ragusa and Kingdom of Naples (in a positive way)
- added earthquakes to Bologna
- adjusted the heir title script, to a less buggy state
- added Ragusan Diplomat Traits
- added events for Ragusa: Kharaj, Jews of Portugal, No ship is save, The English Clothings, Trade with the Egyptians, Plot of Ston, A letter too far
- added two missing names for Ragusa
- added events for Bologna: Tasse degli Ebrei, A fine hat for the son, A brittle balance, Cesare Borgia, This will be my ruin, A meeting at Magione, A divine rule
- added events for Ferrara: A brittle balance, An Aesthetes' War, A Lady's demur, Love of your brothers, La Giulia, Excommunicated, A cannon-proof deal, A costly secretary
- added events for Mantua: A brittle balance, The love of brothers, Attempted murder, Disastrous siege, A relief for the Lady, The Emperor's true servant
- added events for Urbino: Cesare Borgia, A meeting at Magione
- added events for Siena: A meeting at Magione,
- added events for Papal States: A meeting at Magione, A divine rule
- added events for Genoa: Banco di San Giorgio, Instigated Exiles, A call for freedom, Just another attempt, For the People, Restore our glory
- added events for Hafsids: Slaves captured (see sea raid script for Hafsids), Siege of Tunis
- added traits for Bologna: Member of the Società d'arti (Notai - lawyers, Cambiatori - Bankers, Drappieri - Cloth Merchants)
- added the Condotta-Script for Manuta, Ferrara, Montferrat, Bologna and Urbino
- adjusted the descr_campaign_db.xml, so the Borgia Pope and several other characters don't die immediately
- map changes: added ford from Incesia to Saluzzo, added two mountain passages to the Ligurian Coast near Mondovi, added a mountain passage from Saluzzo to Susa, added a ford between Bari and Salerno, added a mountain passage from Urbino to Camerino, added the Island of Tabarka, adjusted the province border of Turin so the armies don't have to cross Milanese territory any more, also added a fort to province of Turin
- added Ippolito d'Este and Ferrante d'Este to Ferrara as cardinal and general
- added Recruitment Limitation by Gigantus, base idea by DLV, Neadal
- transferred ownership of Qusantina from Slave to Hafsids
- transferred ownership of Annaba from Turks to Slave
- transferred ownership of Geneva from Slave to Savoy
- changed relations between Spain and Hafsids from hostile to allied
- added siege events for all playable factions
- added sea raid events for all playable factions
A year has passed since the last update! Enjoy now one of the newly added major features of the Italian Wars - Ultimate - The Capitano di ventura script!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Pre-Release of Italian Wars | Ultimate. Dive into Renaissance Italy, with an entire new map, new factions and sounds.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.